Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where is it???
swhittak

Where is it???

I'm in the USA and ordered my new RRE back in November for a March 23rd delivery date. Dealer contacted me a couple of weeks ago informing me that it should be delivered on the 13th now Very Happy

When I called to confirm (need to move some $$ around to pay for it!) I got the "it all depends on when it's on the truck, maybe Tuesday, maybe Thursday, or even Friday".....

I have my order sheet that the dealer placed with LR, including the common order number, is there any way to find out where the heck my lovely new Baby RR is????? LR Customer Service were very nice on the phone, but informed me that this is something that the dealer should be able to get for me... Fat chance by the sounds of it Rolling Eyes
07-03-2014 02:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartbreakRidge

RE: Where is it???

Well, when I was conversing with my dealer a couple months ago about when they would have a MY14 for a test drive, that's about what they said. They know fairly well when it gets to the port (Baltimore) but after that there does seem to be some wiggle room. After placing my order, the dealer said the estimated delivery date is plus or minus ten days (possibly also this far out when it hasn't quite been built yet).

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
07-03-2014 02:57pm
swhittak

Just got an update from the dealer. Apparently it's on a boat and the new delivery date is 3/21 (paperwork date was 3/23). Fingers crossed this one sticks!
07-03-2014 05:03pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Here's hoping the Atlantic weather doesn't hold it up.............. either by slowing the ship down or by the weather causing damage to it's precious cargo. http://www.seatrade-global.com/news/euro...ather.html

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 07:50pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-03-2014 07:48pm
MarkA_

Where is it???

Wow. How often do containers go overboard like this Tim? I've always been fascinated by these cargo ships I like watching them using binoculars as they come down the Thames.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
07-03-2014 09:06pm
XFullFatTim

Off Topic! Not as often as folks think BUT in the big storm of Feb 14 2014 that one ship lost more boxes over the side than our fleet of 500+ ships has in the last 25 years! In 1998 I was on a ship that lost 25 over the side in the South Indian Ocean in a storm between Cape Town and Melbourne, we were down at 55S so south of the roaring forties into the flying fifties! 85% of the units lost off the ship in that news item were empties going out to Asia to be refilled with Chinese produce

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-03-2014 11:20pm
swhittak

Do any of you know how long it takes for the cars to make it over to the USA? Mine was built on Feb-12 this year and I have to expect that LR only send cars once a week / month ??
07-03-2014 11:23pm
XFullFatTim

It has to get 250 miles from the Halewood factory to the export terminal at Southampton (usually on a vehicle transporter truck with 7 others) - many be a week there waiting for the ship, a week at sea, then it will go into the receiving terminal at Baltimore for inspection for any damage and any corrective repairs that may be needed if there has been any damage in shipping (don't panic - it's very rare as LR gives them loads of protective padding and they cannot be parked too close in the car decks otherwise the drivers wouldn't be able to get into/ out of them to get them in and out of the ship!) Then however long it takes to get from Balitmore to Boston by truck or train. Once arrived at the dealer they have to prep it - after removing all the shipping protection the cars get a 2 hour PDI and then it's ready for you to drive away!

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 11:30pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-03-2014 11:29pm
swhittak

Finally, after 6 (yes, 6! changes of delivery date) my lovely new RRE is finally ready to be picked up. Just waiting on the roof rack installation and should be picking it up in the a.m.

For those waiting, it's worth it! Hang in there (especially you xFFT!)

Cheers Smile
27-03-2014 10:31pm
XFullFatTim

I'm on the homeward straight, mine is at the dealers now and will be collected on Saturday morning - I've been through this before but it was expected as my last Evoque was ordered based on a photograph before LR had even decided to to build them and I took delivery on the first day of public sales in the UK - Sept 9th 2011

(This post was last modified: 27-03-2014 10:45pm by XFullFatTim.)
27-03-2014 10:43pm