Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What would you like to see in the 2013MY
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

What would you like to see in the 2013MY

OK so I know none of us has yet taken delivery of our 2012MY cars but many have had the experience of an Unleashed event test drive and in the next week all will be able to stroll into a dealership and have a test drive.

So:-
Basis you experiences so far what do you think should be priority jobs for the 2013MY cars bearing in mind this is only a very minor upgrade year on year and not a midlife facelift.

From what I have read on the forum here is what I think should be considered for 2013MY or the midlife crisis facelift:

a) Another derivative added to the range - a sort of Dynamic Prestige - the outside and tech of the Dynamic with the interior options of the Prestige

b) The Dynamic Plus needs to have another interior colour scheme - the red is too "in your face" and the black makes the interior too dark - maybe a Tan / Arabica/ Ivory option?

c) If the ADRVM is specified then the exterior / wing mirrors should also be tinting.

d) Make the detachable tow bar fitting recessed and hidden behind a cover on the Dynamic.

e) Add white powder coated wheels as an option on Firenze Red or Mauritius Blue cars with a white contrast roof

f) Some jazzy exterior finishes - union jack roof and wing mirror covers for example - mini has not suffered for having these options.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-09-2011 08:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

RE: What would you like to see in the 2013MY

I think a bit like you Tim

Another derivative added to the range - a sort of Dynamic Prestige - the outside and tech of the Dynamic with the interior options of the Prestige. This was the problem i had ordering on which to choose.

The Dynamic Plus needs to have another interior colour scheme - the red is too "in your face" and the black makes the interior too dark - maybe a Tan / Arabica/ Ivory option? Though i went for the red as the black was just to dark for me personaly.

Make the detachable tow bar fitting recessed and hidden behind a cover on the Dynamic. Yes i need a tow bar and im not really happy with the availlable choice, I have the electrics already and fitting them it 2 mins really as the plugs are just under the passanger side rear bumper in view. I think ill end up making a towbar that is a little more descrete.

I think they may bring out some version like they have with the D4 that will offer a bit of bling for those who crave it hence the D4 Landmark.

Id have liked to see some offroad accessories like underbody protection of which ill end up making because they havent as the Evoque is quite vunrable underneeth really as they only have a flimsy plastic trim under the engine compartment and 2 other plastic trim/sliders that are supposed to protect the forward facing edge of the fuel tank.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
03-09-2011 09:25pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

I'd like to see if they can squeeze the XF 3.0 S Diesel engine in.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
03-09-2011 09:30pm
XFullFatTim

YTS, LR already has that engine in the D4 and RRS, all ready sorted for off road so it can hang off cliff faces and not seize up and go paddling without filling up with water and go desert storming without filling up with dust and IIRC it produces more torque at lower RPMs than the unit in the Jaguars!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2011 09:55pm by XFullFatTim.)
03-09-2011 09:55pm
ytshome

Thanks FFT
Maybe also allow the SI4 in the prestige trim. I personally like the look of the 20inch wheels but would always go for the 19"s for ride comfort reasons and it would be nice to have the choice of the quicker petrol block as an alternative.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2011 10:03pm by ytshome.)
03-09-2011 09:59pm
XFullFatTim

Thing is would you also want the bigger engine bay that it would require to get it into the car?

03-09-2011 10:04pm
ytshome

errrrrrr.......No

03-09-2011 10:08pm
XFullFatTim

LaughingLaughing I thought that might be the case - it's a pity because when I was asked 2-3 years ago what i would like to see in the LRX I said that a totally outrageous engine in one version would be great - something like the 3.6TDv8 or the then 4.2S/C and was told then that an LRX type car wouldn't be able to take anything much bigger than 1.8 or 2.0ltr. With hindsight it's just as well - the 3.6TDv8 has loads of grunt BUT it has sky high CO2 and £435pa RFT, I'll live with £190pa in the SD4 after so many years of lining the Treasury's pockets for nothing

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2011 10:14pm by XFullFatTim.)
03-09-2011 10:12pm
ytshome

Spoken like a very pleasant Scotsman.

03-09-2011 10:45pm
Token

You got it all covered guys, well done! I just want a supercharged engine...that's it!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
03-09-2011 11:25pm