Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's your Evoque replacing?
Ewok

RE: What's your Evoque replacing?

(25-05-2011 08:45pm)cybman Wrote:  humm why trade a porsche with an evoque?

fancy something with a little more character, and british!
(26-05-2011 10:51am)DynamicRRV Wrote:  IF I decide to go ahead with the Evoque after seeing it at the Live event this coming sunday then it will replace my 2007 Range Rover Supercharged Vogue SE.

start saying your goodbye's to the vogue !
(This post was last modified: 28-05-2011 12:10am by Ewok.)
28-05-2011 12:08am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vinda

IF I decide to go ahead with the Evoque after seeing it at the Live event this coming sunday then it will replace my 2007 Range Rover Supercharged Vogue SE.
[/quote]

start saying your goodbye's to the vogue !
[/quote]

I agree. My brother went to the earls court live event and I'm going on Sunday bham one.

He said to me once you see it you won't be able to wait till september
28-05-2011 01:07am
Alex

2009 Ford Kuga - been a good car (mechanically), and looks nice on the outside but a bit cheap on the inside. Also slightly sluggish.

Can't wait to get my Dynamic...

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
03-06-2011 01:41pm
griff

BMW 335i E93 petrol twin turbo convertible.
Pros : Great car, very quick, lovely with the roof down
Cons: it costs me more to fill it than i get in my petrol allowance, totally impracticable - even the bottle bank take three trips LOL
Would not go anywhere in the snow, can't get into fields for country fairs and shoots etc. Got skin cancer (all is well now) so doctor suggested a convertible might now be a step too far.

Miss all that country stuff - time to change. Got the panoramic roof though!

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2011 02:07pm by griff.)
03-06-2011 02:07pm
Sassy

Mine is replacing a black X3 which I bought rather impulsively having decided I was sick of bumping round in my Mini Cooper S.

I find the X3 on the whole is alright - smooth, works, goes, sleek. But it's also dull as hell, has a walnut trim I wouldn't have specced personally (got a large discount for taking a stock vehicle) and it's very long so find it tight for parking. Can't wait to get rid of it as it's the least inspiring vehicle I've ever owned! (History includes several Cooper S, a lotus exige, 206GT, so hot hatches really).

Hoping the evoque will be a grown up transition from the mini in terms of luxe and comfort, but will bring me back to the neat dimensions and retain some of the visual impact of the minis that the X3 definitely lacks!

My dad has had about 17 range rovers, so it's a brand I have vast experience with, and I am excited about owning my first one!
08-06-2011 02:49pm
ant

@ sassy - you're the target that LR are after. Great choice, but change silver to Red or White.

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
08-06-2011 06:20pm
paulus599

(08-06-2011 02:49pm)Sassy Wrote:  Can't wait to get rid of it as it's the least inspiring vehicle I've ever owned! (History includes several Cooper S, a lotus exige, 206GT, so hot hatches really).

Hoping the evoque will be a grown up transition from the mini in terms of luxe and comfort, but will bring me back to the neat dimensions and retain some of the visual impact of the minis that the X3 definitely lacks!

I bet Lotus will love you calling an Exige a hot hatch, then again if that was the class it was in it would blow all it's competitors into the weeds! (apart from boot space obviously Smile )

Neat dimensions other than the width anyway. I hope that you've measured your garage!!!

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
08-06-2011 08:37pm
Sassy

(08-06-2011 08:37pm)paulus599 Wrote:  I bet Lotus will love you calling an Exige a hot hatch, then again if that was the class it was in it would blow all it's competitors into the weeds! (apart from boot space obviously Smile )

Neat dimensions other than the width anyway. I hope that you've measured your garage!!!

That was a catch-all phrase really! The exige (white one) was fun (shared it with my bro) but it started to grate being cold and rattled to bits on every journey. Plus it drew so much attention, people taking pics of themselves draped all over it, that was annoying. Also - boot space was surpisingly good on the exige - miles better than Mini. Expect the Evoque to be comparable to mini in terms of space...

So went back to sensible, and then to BORING with X3.

Wide doesn't bother me, I don't need a long car (won't be transporting planks or ladders any time soon) but I do like a chunky car.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2011 12:25pm by Sassy.)
09-06-2011 12:24pm
ant

Evoque has lots more room than MINI. Shocked
AntVery Happy

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
09-06-2011 10:08pm
Kermit

(09-06-2011 12:24pm)Sassy Wrote:  Expect the Evoque to be comparable to mini in terms of space...

You're joking aren't you? The Evoque is TARDIS like compared to the Mini.
10-06-2011 12:36am