Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's wrong with yours?
Briany22

RE: What's wrong with yours?

Just had my Evoque for six weeks and am really happy, one rattle in the front turned out to be my cheap sunglasses in the holder near the interior lights!!!!!
Had a recent trip to my sons at Newcastle from Carlisle and trip showed 59 miles ave speed 48 mph fuel efficiency 53.2 interesting that the same trip a week after getting the car showed identical figures except for fuel efficiency being 40. Obviously 1400 miles later and the car is getting looser.
Really pleased with despite having issues with the music on my usb stick sometimes sounds like the radio is trying to interfere in the background ( it also kept stalling when I had MP3 tracks but I found that WMA tracks play continuously although with a minor interference issue)
Was a bit reluctance to post this as I did not want to put the voodoo on the car but will just keep everything crossed and enjoy the pleasure of driving it
Brian

2015 kaikoura stone pure Evoque auto black roof privacy fogs mud flaps mats powerfold and auto lights and wipers

Gone to new home 2012 FRL 2 SD4 GS auto with seat surgeon full leather
13-05-2015 08:23am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

Still nothing...

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
13-05-2015 05:12pm
Koidream

Today, after 2400 km I had my first warning "Reduced Power" . I stopped the car switched it off and started again. This didn't clear the fault. I drove on for 20 kilometers with reduced power, and I noticed that my fuel consumption went down to an average of 4,9 l/100 km (normally 7,1l/100 km).
Left the car for several hours, started it again, drove for 70 kilometers and the fault did not show up again. What could this be?

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]
13-05-2015 09:26pm
CRC@LandRover

Hi Koidream,

Without diagnosing the vehicle or having a Land Rover approved retailer check for any stored fault codes it would be difficult to speculate on the exact cause. The restricted performance is designed to provide a safety feature to protect the vehicle under a number of conditions.

If you do find that you experience this concern in the future, please do not hesitate to either contact Land Rover Assist, or visit your local Land Rover approved retailer for assistance.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
14-05-2015 12:43pm
Koidream

Hi pete,

Thanks for your advise, but as the car has to go in for its first maintenance at 3.000 km (within 10 days) and for the passengers door lock that doesn't work properly I was going to tell them to take a closer look for the warning I had. I hope they still can read the fault trhat caused this "Reduced power" warning.
I'll come back if I know more.

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

14-05-2015 06:24pm
Koidream

Hi Pete,

Just returned from the dealer. Except for the two front door locks wich are replaced, the dealer told me that the reduced power had something to do with the DPF filter. It would have triggered a temporarly fault. Now, after almost 5.000 km I haven't seen the fault again.
Another story is the bad quality check in the factory. My Evoque was delivered with one bad front door lock (the other broke down yesterday) a badly installed rear skid plate (misalligned), a rubber cap that was missing under the front boot (there was only one instead of two), a misalligned right-rear window (hanging down several milimeters.
Of course there are also lots of positive things to tell Wink

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

26-06-2015 02:40pm
CRC@LandRover

Hi Koidream,

Thank you for the update.

In regards to the quality checks carried out. This is completed at the time of production before leaving the factory, but additionally an inspection is carried out by your selling retailer upon receipt of your vehicle. Should any concerns be identified at either of these stages, it should be rectified before the vehicle is released to you as a customer.

I am sorry to learn that unfortunately despite this, concerns were present with your vehicle following delivery. We would always hope this would not happen and while we do provide a comprehensive warranty, I am sorry to learn that you had that experience when taking ownership of a new vehicle.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
26-06-2015 02:54pm
Koidream

Hi Pete,
I can only hope that my feedback comes to the right place and something positive will be done with it, so that future customers are even more satisfied than I am Wink

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

26-06-2015 03:22pm
Johnh

(02-10-2013 08:08pm)Stevemac1 Wrote:  I've had my Evoque coupe for 6 months now, have had a few issues but am beginning to think there's more than meets the eye. Build quality and quality assurance seem to be non existent ..here's the list :

1. Rear seat belt fitted back to front.
2. A/c temp display unit windows scratched. Replaced.
3. Trim missing from between glove box and centre console noticed by me at handover. Quickly robbed from showroom car by salesman.
4. Continuous creak from tailgate at low speeds over ramps etc. Takes 3 visits for investigations leading to new tailgate, in the shop now (visit 4)..wait and see...
5. DAB radio stopped working suddenly. New module needed, which means a new roof spoiler..
6. New headliner needed due to sloppy workshop handling during tailgate investigations...which entails removing windscreen to get it in...
7. Frequent grinding/rumbling from underneath when pulling away, after reversing into driveway when it was last parked.
8. Rattles from behind instrument binnacle, rear roof area, rear passenger area, centre console etc..
9. New creak from front offside wing area when going over ramps.

Needless to say I'm not impressed by the RR, the dealer has been ok - it's been a learning curve for them also but that's not the point is it?.
Has anybody else had so many issues in such a short time?

I should get anew car
(This post was last modified: 27-06-2015 09:47pm by Johnh.)
27-06-2015 09:46pm
Tony

7000 miles, first service, Dynamic Systems Fault, this is the latest of 12 months problems resulting in 1250 miles clocked returning to dealer with faults.

Needs a new front strut, LR cannot give a date when replacement part will be available - wtf!

Conclusion after one years ownership Evoque = piece of 5hit!

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
01-07-2015 10:23pm