Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's wrong with yours?
Stevemac1

What's wrong with yours?

I've had my Evoque coupe for 6 months now, have had a few issues but am beginning to think there's more than meets the eye. Build quality and quality assurance seem to be non existent ..here's the list :

1. Rear seat belt fitted back to front.
2. A/c temp display unit windows scratched. Replaced.
3. Trim missing from between glove box and centre console noticed by me at handover. Quickly robbed from showroom car by salesman.
4. Continuous creak from tailgate at low speeds over ramps etc. Takes 3 visits for investigations leading to new tailgate, in the shop now (visit 4)..wait and see...
5. DAB radio stopped working suddenly. New module needed, which means a new roof spoiler..
6. New headliner needed due to sloppy workshop handling during tailgate investigations...which entails removing windscreen to get it in...
7. Frequent grinding/rumbling from underneath when pulling away, after reversing into driveway when it was last parked.
8. Rattles from behind instrument binnacle, rear roof area, rear passenger area, centre console etc..
9. New creak from front offside wing area when going over ramps.

Needless to say I'm not impressed by the RR, the dealer has been ok - it's been a learning curve for them also but that's not the point is it?.
Has anybody else had so many issues in such a short time?

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
02-10-2013 08:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barton Evoque

RE: What's wrong with yours?

12 months on for me,no faults no rattles on mine, very happy with the build quality.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
02-10-2013 08:16pm
Amadeus

Mine endured the trip Down Under and it's still 99.9% perfect (touch wood, leather, aluminium etc etc)!

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
02-10-2013 08:36pm
BA74

Never had a single issue in 15 months...

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
02-10-2013 09:41pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Mine was a launch day delivery - the faults in 2 years and 22000 miles :
Wind noise around the A pillar/ mirrors - sorted within 2 weeks of delivery of the car with a new design of door seals that only took 18 months to arrive...........because they were always on back order at the factory.
Battery flattening issue - sorted with a software update
Couple of rattles that come and go and are always gone when the car goes for servicing
Recently had a problem with some sort of rapidly growing "misting bloom" on the windscreen (after the annual filter change)

That's been it in 2 years and 3 weeks and 22000 miles of ownership. I've had land Rovers with less issues from new but overall I'm a happy chappy and am now waiting for Evoque No2 to arrive - I only hope it is as good as the the present one - one thing for sure, if it isn't as good or better than the current car LR and you will know all about it on here.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 10:03pm by XFullFatTim.)
02-10-2013 09:57pm
Wife's car

All fine and dandy here after 6 months
02-10-2013 11:02pm
vinny

I have faults 7&8,the noise from underneath is quite frightening sometimes its like you are scraping the bottom of the car along a kerb or similar.
Also have an issue with stop/start not working,was in for software update couple of weeks ago but still isn't working,back in Friday.
Rattles don't really bother me just turn up the music a bit more.

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
02-10-2013 11:14pm
speary

Stiff gear linkage fixed by dealer
Clutch judder investigated by dealer. It's less frequent now
Stop start not working. Fixed by dealer SW update
Steering wheel audio/phone controls not working. Module replaced twice by dealer
Rattle from roof front. Fixed by me
Rattle from roof rear. Fixed by dealer but has come back
Speaker vibrations under certain circumstances. Dealer raised with JLR
Not what I expect from a £35k car. My audis build and attention to detail was much better
Dealer has been very good ( Williams Manchester)

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
03-10-2013 08:02am
RacingSnake

I had a rear light replaced at delivery because mine had a big scratch on it... they robbed that off a showroom car too.
Other than the battery issues, I've actually been pretty impressed, no real squeaks or rattles - which is unusual for me, I usually do get the Friday afternoon cars Rolling Eyes

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
03-10-2013 08:09am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

I had that with the Mazda Dealer, I had a fractured power steering pipe which they removed from a showroom car too, not sure I agree with butchering cars like that, but kept me on the road, although i'd have happily left it with them a few days to get the part in and fix it if they'd asked, but I can't complain it was 6 Months out of Warranty and they still repaired it free of charge recognising it was an unusual failure of a part, how many dealers would do that. Thumbs Up

Other than the Front bumper paint fault, tailgate out of alignment, Gearknob coming off and a rear door card rattle, all fixed no questions, the only problem I have at the moment is a spring that has fallen out of a rear seat catch somewhere, causing it to squeak on large bumps, oh and an occasional rattle from front door card !

But the car is superb!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-10-2013 08:49am