Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is this crackling sound?
jitenc

What is this crackling sound?

I have noticed a crackling sound from the front dash. The sound only comes on when it drive at above 70mph on the motorway. I only noticed it when I switched off the audio. Is this the same as the rattles that everyone is talking about?

It sounds like as if there is a loose connection problem, but strange that it shifts across the dashboard. I can only describe it as broken live pylon electric wire dancing on the ground with sparks flying..

Anyone with the same issues? I haven't had any major issues for a nov 2011 built.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
18-10-2013 06:34am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KK

RE: What is this crackling sound?

I have an electric static shorting sound which interrupts the audio, whether its on TV or radio, I have asked that this be checked out, will see what they say s post back if its helpful.
18-10-2013 07:18am
Rein

Check the outside A-pillar cover. Mine is movable on one side and is causing noise. Try taping it up and then see if the sounds go away. Mine is booked in for new clips on the a pilar

Good luck

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

Santorini black, 5dr, dynamic, SD4 auto
Mods: My Evoque Topic
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2013 12:44pm by Rein.)
18-10-2013 08:52am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shenley

KK,
Check this entry out on the forum, re your radio.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Stereo-Issues

Fix for this is with your dealer now.
18-10-2013 09:21am
fedup

(18-10-2013 08:52am)Rein Wrote:  Check the outside A-pilar cover. Mine is movable on one side and is causing noise. Try taping it up and then see if the sounds go away. Mine is booked in for new clips on the a pilar

Good luck

What is the outside a pillar?
18-10-2013 12:37pm
Rein

(18-10-2013 12:37pm)fedup Wrote:  What is the outside a pillar?

[Image: Fahrzeug-saeulen.svg]

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

Santorini black, 5dr, dynamic, SD4 auto
Mods: My Evoque Topic
18-10-2013 12:44pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gazzaj

HI

I have the exact same issue with my 2013 Model built in Feb, only seems to happen above 50 mph, nothing below this speed, doesnt happen all the time though.

I took the service manager out from Guy Salmon (Northampton) just to prove I wasnt going mad, his advice was to turn the radio up louder so you coulnt hear it, not good advice when youve spent the best part of £35,000 on a car.

Still have not sorted the issue out yet, at somepoint im going to expode at them because the service I have had to endure is absolutley rubbish.
22-10-2013 03:37pm
doug

(18-10-2013 06:34am)jitenc Wrote:  I have noticed a crackling sound from the front dash. The sound only comes on when it drive at above 70mph on the motorway.

The cracking sound isn't a two tone sound is it. If so, have you found that there's blue flashing lights that can be seen from your rear view mirror, at the same time Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
22-10-2013 06:22pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I had this noise today on the motorway at speeds over 55-60mph. When I stopped for lunch and the engine had cooled a bit I opened the bonnet and found a load of dry dead leaves at the top edge of the bonnet seal - I suspect that they were trapped in a wind eddy off the edge of the bonnet as after removal the journey was back to it's normal quiet unflustered peace, mind you an acorn dropping off a tree in one of Nottingham's leafy avenues this morning certainly made me pull over to look for damage, what a racket things dropped on the roof surround make!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-10-2013 06:28pm
PhilSkill

Just rain on the Alu Roof surround sounds loud, I can't imagine what the non Pano roof models sound like in Heavy rain!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-10-2013 08:27pm