Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
What is it with the Panoramic roof
pugracer

RE: What is it with the Panoramic roof

(02-12-2011 02:10pm)vision*R Wrote:  1. great for passengers in the back
2. more light and spacious feel even in the front
3. better resale value (most popular option by far)

+1
02-12-2011 03:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fam1x

(02-12-2011 03:01pm)griff Wrote:  There was one report of a single crack in a single pre production car. A complete non issue. In my mind the panoramic roof is a must have option. People love the light and the view.

I wouldnt say non issue as I noticed a car at the Earls court event with a single crack botton off side coner of the roof. At the time thought nothing off it and still order my car with the Pano Roof. However, with all the delays one has to think that must have been an issue. Why else did they increase the price of the roof if they didnt change it in some way ?

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
02-12-2011 03:20pm
griff

They did change the thickness apparently but even the Earls Court cars were preproduction. I just think that people have a habit of making a mountain out of a molehill. We do have warrenty anyway.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
02-12-2011 03:31pm
Evo-king

In the Coupe, the Pan roof reduces the closed in effect, also there was a problem early on when one cracked during an off road event.

Subsequently, it has been reworked along with a price increase.

Pricey item but many of us love it.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
02-12-2011 05:33pm
evoque_virgin

Also when driving in the day light the cabin feels much more airy, but when you close it it feels like a coupe, for the cost of it, its a no brainer.
02-12-2011 06:37pm
xxxx5

(02-12-2011 02:05pm)LP Wrote:  I originally wasn't convinced either as the glass starts quite far back. Really pleased I ordered it now though as it makes the whole car more airy..and somehow makes it feel a bit more special. I did manage to get it at the original price though.

+1

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
02-12-2011 06:55pm
Big G

(02-12-2011 01:55pm)speary Wrote:  I just dont get why so many people pay £800 for a piece of glass you cant actually see out of if your sat in the front seats, which suprisingly is where I will be sat every time I get in the car.
Also how durable will it be after a while if you want to "off road" a bit
Sorry for the rant but I just dont see the point

Easy - don't order one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
02-12-2011 07:05pm
DaveR

I wasn't overly fussed about it and originally left it off. I added it in the end because I think it will make a difference to the feel of the car and and when it comes to resale ithink most people will expect it.
02-12-2011 07:21pm
Evoqess

And who can deny the pleasure of pulling up by the sea, reclining the front seats back and gazing up at the eagles soaring whilst listening to a nice concerto. The pano roof makes the cabin a lovely place to be! It's one of the features that my friends have applauded the most Smile

FYI - The sunroof on my GTI started behind me. That feature was more take it or leave it.

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
02-12-2011 07:28pm
griff

Evoquess - I'm with you. Big hug ( )

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
02-12-2011 10:40pm