Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you do for a living?
jiggyjaggy

RE: What do you do for a living?

Assc Director at a boutique property search agency in Londres. Still wanting an evoque though Sad
19-11-2011 01:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

@ the valeter - the job is reasonably well paid, although pay varies from company to company. I enjoy the job at the moment, having done intercity work and now on the local runs and next year going on loan to London for the Olympic games as the company I work for has won the contract to transport the athletes, should be good.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 19-11-2011 03:50pm by J77.)
19-11-2011 02:15pm
benzina

Retired....Did the hard yards (13 hour days, 6 days a week) between the ages 21-32, in the 70 year old family seafood business. Among other investments, got the roof over my head payed out in full,got the food on the table,i tread pretty lightly,and i don't want for to much, knowing everything else is a bonus. Decided life is just to short, so we (brother & I ) sold the business to start living a little.
All i wanted was freedom,freedom,freedom, and i've had that ever since. I did 5 years in tropical North Queensland,cause i wanted to live the tropical lifestyle for a while, and started a radio station with my brother and a friend in Port douglas for a bit of fun, which we eventually sold to come back to Perth to help the folks out who were getting on in years.
So now, just living in the moment every day as much as i can,staying fit, looking forward to the Evoque,maintaining my minimalist living ideals, and a bit of travel here and there.
After those initial 13 hour days and sacrifices i made for all those years, i still very much value, appreciate,and feel extremely lucky to have my health and freedom.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 20-11-2011 02:03pm by benzina.)
19-11-2011 03:04pm
Daigriff

Great sentiments Benzima.

Am hanging up my pen and calculator at 55 hopefully to do the same. Kids will have been through uni and like you no debts. The bussiness sale should see me through a long, happy and healthy retirement and we aim to do a lot of travelling...definitley include Oz in that.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
19-11-2011 03:14pm
Evoqess

Nice Benzina! I do like that you discussed "how you live" and life philosophy rather than "what you do for a living". For me it's also more about the "how" than the "what"! So I focus on quality of life, and choose part time work, which makes my profession much more enjoyable (but means I'll probably be working over a longer period of my life ...) Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
(This post was last modified: 21-11-2011 04:28am by Evoqess.)
20-11-2011 09:31pm
imers1234

Junior doctor working in a London Hospital
(This post was last modified: 21-11-2011 12:54am by imers1234.)
21-11-2011 12:53am
deebabe2004

Security and Safety Officer in Transport - stoopid shift workBig Cry

Soon to be the proud owners of a Baby Rangie!

Pure - TD4 Manual - Fuji - 20" Silver Sparkle Style 6 - Ebony Leather & Ebony headliner - Tech Pack - Clearview Pack & Pano Roof - Rear Vents, Paint & Interior protection, Tint

04-12-2011 11:34am
Frp1

I Run a electrical contracting company, covering all types of electrical work. But mainly home automation and solar pv.

Ben
26-12-2011 02:18am
johnboy

Soon to retire (Feb 2012) Fire Officer in the Airport Fire Service. my evoque is my retirement present to myself.
Selfish I know ?

On order, delivery May 2012 Fuji White SD4 Man, Tech Pack, Privacy Glass, Pano roof, Fogs, Lux Mats, power tailgate, puddle lamps, Auto dimming rear view mirror, 19" Style 4: Mud flaps: Xenons, rear camera: Dog Guard by Travall: Boot Liner. Delivered 29/05/12
26-12-2011 12:17pm
Sunseeker

Salesman for Motoryachts (new & used) at the german baltic sea...
26-12-2011 11:55pm