Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Web Site Live - Global Versions
Blackseries

Web Site Live - Global Versions

The non market specific web site is now live. No Prices.

Doesn't really give too much new info. Still can't really see what justifies the price hike from Pure to Dynamic & Prestige re: Belgian / German prices.

One surprise is that the Meridian sound system is standard on Dynamic. The 380 watt system features 11 speakers including subwoofer.

All the boys toys stuff appears to be in the Dynamic / Prestige Option pack

<<This Technology Pack features a host of advanced technology upgrades, including:

Automatic Climate Control with air filtration and air quality sensing to enable automatic recirculation when outside air quality is poor.

HDD Navigation System includes 4x4 information, mapping and hard disk drive audio server (10 CD/DVD storage and play).

TMC Dynamic route guidance means that up-to-date traffic information on jams, closures, etc. works with the navigation system to optimise your route. (Available in the UK and Western Europe only)

Voice Control* gives you hands-free control of entertainment, climate control and communications. With the optional, intuitive 'Say What You See' (SWYS) technology, it can learn your accent and regular commands and respond more quickly.

Headlamp Powerwash. - Yet Xenon are standard on Dynamic

Powered Tailgate opens and closes on your command.

Illuminated front tread plates enhance the interior lighting on your vehicle.

Loadspace stowage rails (with lashing eyes) allow equipment to be organised and stored securely in the loadspace. You can also buy the Loadspace Stowage Pack as an accessory.

Front Parking Aid

Rear Camera including hitching guidance for safe manoeuvres.>>

So no standard Sat Nav in a Range Rover ....... Not sure how relevant this is to the UK market. Here's hoping .... not very

http://www.landrover.com/gl/en/rr/range-...ection_top

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 27-02-2011 02:00am by Blackseries.)
27-02-2011 01:59am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LP

RE: Web Site Live - Global Versions

Pleased to see that the 8inch touch screen is standard on all models. I think there were some pictures in one of the brochures that showed a Pure with a smaller screen with buttons to the right.

I've got a budget of around £35k so at the moment I'm looking at a Pure with:
- 190PS SD4 Auto
- Metallic Paint (still undecided on colour)
- 19 inch wheels
- Clearview Pack (Xenon headlights and Fog Lights)
- Privacy Glass

Based on existing option prices for the Freelander the above should come in around £35,500...

Personally I think it better to get the better engine and forgo some of the luxuries such as Sat Nav. Do you think this makes sense?
27-02-2011 11:52am
Blackseries

(27-02-2011 11:52am)LP Wrote:  Pleased to see that the 8inch touch screen is standard on all models. I think there were some pictures in one of the brochures that showed a Pure with a smaller screen with buttons to the right.

I think that is just the US market

(27-02-2011 11:52am)LP Wrote:  Personally I think it better to get the better engine and forgo some of the luxuries such as Sat Nav. Do you think this makes sense?

Sort of coming to that conclusion myself - however I did think the Evoque would differ from German offerings by having most luxury items as standard thus partially justifying its higher start prices. You can get a BMW X1 2.0 SE 2WD for £25.5K and with £4.5K change you could buy quite a few extras - the same goes for the models further up the BMW food chain. OK the X1 looks like a slapped ar** but 4.5K is £4.5K. It makes me shudder when I see poverty spec X1's and Q5's with hessian seats and rows of blanked off switches – I hope Pures won’t look like that.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
27-02-2011 12:43pm
cjfp

Solar Attenuating Glass ??? - Does this mean 'sun roof' ?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
27-02-2011 03:59pm
MW73

Great site,ive been following it for some time now as i have a pre order with my local dealer but not sure which model to go for .... Depends on the price! Looking at the global web site It doesn't mention the 190hp engine on the site is this available at launch?
27-02-2011 05:47pm
cjfp

(27-02-2011 05:47pm)MW73 Wrote:  Great site,ive been following it for some time now as i have a pre order with my local dealer but not sure which model to go for .... Depends on the price! Looking at the global web site It doesn't mention the 190hp engine on the site is this available at launch?

Is this what you are looking for ? - 2.2 Litre SD4 Diesel Engine (190PS) with six-speed manual transmission and 4WD.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
27-02-2011 06:33pm
wardpg

(27-02-2011 05:47pm)MW73 Wrote:  Great site,ive been following it for some time now as i have a pre order with my local dealer but not sure which model to go for .... Depends on the price! Looking at the global web site It doesn't mention the 190hp engine on the site is this available at launch?

If you look at the brochure there is a drop down menu under each model at top of page, if you click on those then all engines and transmissions are shown including the 190 in man or auto
27-02-2011 06:59pm
MW73

cjfp / Yes ideally the 2.2 sd4 190 diesel dynamic would be my first choice. Hopefully the price won't be prohibitive. I thought the dynamic came with 20" wheels as standard.

Thanx wardpg _ I'll go and have another look!
27-02-2011 07:24pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I see also that a spare wheel/tyre is now an optional extra too, standard is a tyre repair system (read aerosol can of foam....)

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-02-2011 08:43pm
cjfp

(27-02-2011 08:43pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  I see also that a spare wheel/tyre is now an optional extra too, standard is a tyre repair system (read aerosol can of foam....)

If TRS is good enough for Porsche .....

And I notice that it's also only a 'temporary steel wheel'.

Good to see that Rear Seats come as standard (!)

This is all nice, but just see how this board lights up in the next week when prices come out !

27-02-2011 09:05pm