Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wait is nearly over...
mickydd

RE: Wait is nearly over...

Congrats, have a brilliant weekend, driving round with a huge grin on your face.
Don't forget your camera!

Arrived 24th February. Dynamic 5 dr SD4, manual ,Firenze with Verve interior, 20" Sparkle
24-03-2012 09:51am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Craig_d1

(23-03-2012 10:46pm)Dimitrios Wrote:  I'll find out tomorrow, well thats if the dealer is honest as I wouldn't know the difference?

As I understand it Narvic black is flat black(non metallic), Sumatra black metallic has more silver flecks in it and Santorini black has more multicoloured flecks in it, though I've read a few posts where the Santorini and Sumatra were reversed.
I'm sure you'll love your car whichever metallic black you get. Enjoy it!
(This post was last modified: 25-03-2012 09:15am by Craig_d1.)
25-03-2012 09:15am
Evo-king

Oh the joys of buying an Evoque.

The paint has changed so many times during our long wait.

When we were at the dealers the other week we saw a Barolo and a Santorini, the Barolo had Red/bronze flecks and the Santorini had silver, who knows what you get until it turns up.

Any news timslim?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
25-03-2012 09:36am
Bodlyfunctions

Just 2 more sleeps for me. Tuesday could not come quick enough!
25-03-2012 08:00pm
Land Rover Techy

(23-03-2012 08:19am)timslim Wrote:  Well, the waiting is finally over, due to pick up my Si4 tomorrow, and starting to get a little excited, perhaps tinged with a little apprehension at getting rid of my beautiful Audi - however I know I will not be dissapointed.

Went to the dealers to sign paperwork yesterday, and they had brought it round the front for me, looking fantastic - its a simple Santorini black with ebony interior (only extra a spare wheel!), I had feared it would be too dark inside, but its just right and the cirrus headlining brightens up the cabin. Due to get super-guard applied today (a freebie thrown in - thank you dealer).

I wonder if there is anything I should specifically check during the hand-over - any advice would be greatly appreciated. I will certainly be asking for the emergency procedure to dis-engage the handbrake, raise the gear selector and put it in Neutral.

27 hours and counting....

Hi,
You cannot dis engage the handbrake without crawling under the car, its a job for the Land Rover Assist
(This post was last modified: 25-03-2012 08:42pm by Land Rover Techy.)
25-03-2012 08:41pm
Dimitrios

(25-03-2012 09:15am)Craig_d1 Wrote:  As I understand it Narvic black is flat black(non metallic), Sumatra black metallic has more silver flecks in it and Santorini black has more multicoloured flecks in it, though I've read a few posts where the Santorini and Sumatra were reversed.
I'm sure you'll love your car whichever metallic black you get. Enjoy it!

(25-03-2012 09:36am)Evo-king Wrote:  Oh the joys of buying an Evoque.

The paint has changed so many times during our long wait.

When we were at the dealers the other week we saw a Barolo and a Santorini, the Barolo had Red/bronze flecks and the Santorini had silver, who knows what you get until it turns up.

The dealer told me the Sumatra black flecks came from Japan but this stopped due to the tsunami in 2011 so they stated using Santorini. Apparently Sumatra is going back into production soon.

Dynamic SD4, Santorini, Chrome Shadow, Lux Pack, Priv Glass, Red /Black leather & headlining
Collection: 24 Mar 2012 / Ordered: Oct 2011
25-03-2012 10:16pm
timslim

OK, so picked up the car Saturday, and a few thoughts on handover and car after a few days of driving it (sorry folks no time to get pics yet!)

Handover:
Faultless, half hour run through on functions. Came with half tank of fuel, and got free umbrella, chocs and scotchguard (this was a freebie as ,y wife ordered a Freelander at around the same time). Call 2 days later from sales to ask how things were going, and not to hesitate to contact sales guy if any issues - will look after me and the car for the period of ownership.

Car: (Comparisons made to a 2009 Audi S4 that I had previousley):
It has been faultless so far, no problems with build quality which are easily up to Audi standards
Far more relaxing to drive on long journeys, quiet and refined
DAB reception was a bit dubios at first, but has now settled down and had no issues since first day
Navigation also has been perfect - better than Audi system
Fuel, had a 400 mile round trip to Liverpool on Tuesday, and averaged 34MPG, (80% motorway 20% A roads) at steady 70ish with air-con on - this I think is excellent, and should only improve.
Range would be around 400-420 miles on this basis, which I think is also excellent for this type of car
Reversing camera - no problems with the speed of this coming up, faster than Audi system
Gearbox - is a bit lumpy, and over-revs at start off, its no where near as sophisticated as Audi 7 speed DSG, but didnt expect it to be. However, after 500 miles, it seems to be learning and getting better each time car is driven
Problems early on with it changing into 6th, seemed to want to be encouraged to do it, but as above, after learning it has settled down and seems fine
It is a difficult car to keep at 30mph, always seems to be going to slowly! (think I picked up speeding ticket on M62 Sad ) but thats my fault not the cars!
Have plugged in old iphone for music, and works without a problem
Synched both company and private blackberry to car, can switch between them no problem, and easy to use through the car

Only gripes - I want somewhere to put the key instead of my pocket, and somewhere to put my left foot when on a long run!

All in all, very pleased, thought I would miss the Audi, and I do for the speed and the sound of the engine, but that aside, would now rather be in the RRE as its a much nicer, comfortable, and quieter place to be!

(23-03-2012 09:44pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Timslim, enjoy your weekend, plus there is nothing simple about Santorini, it's a metallic black that is £500 less than Barolo or Havana.

Dimitrios, are you really getting Sumatra, I was under the impression it was no longer available?

Thank Evo0King, can confirm that Santorini is not simple - it looks great, black with flecks of silver - fantastic in the sun
(23-03-2012 11:52am)441kali Wrote:  Congrats Timslim! I am a couple of weeks from picking up my car as well. I was wondering the same thing as Timslim, if there anything specifically to look for in the handover.

Thanks 441kali - In the handover I made a special point of checking panel gaps and trim, just to make sure all was OK (and it was!), handover went through electrical systems and that was OK too - cant think of anything else to check, except to make sure ALL your options ordered are actually fitted (I only had spare wheel, which was there together with wheel brace/jack etc)
(25-03-2012 08:41pm)Land Rover Techy Wrote:  Hi,
You cannot dis engage the handbrake without crawling under the car, its a job for the Land Rover Assist

Thanks Land Rover Techy - you are of course correct, I meant to say I wanted to know the emergency procedure for raising the gear selector and selecting Neutral, which was confirmed by holding the right hand flappy paddle for around 10 seconds

Dynamic Si4 Santorini Black, with Ebony interior. Collected 24th March Smile
(This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 11:49am by timslim.)
29-03-2012 11:36am
WorldTraveler

That Elusive Foot Rest ....

http://www.supertweaks.com/range-rover/r...l-footrest

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
(This post was last modified: 29-03-2012 12:17pm by WorldTraveler.)
29-03-2012 12:16pm