babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Wait is nearly over... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: Wait is nearly over... (/Thread-Wait-is-nearly-over)

Pages: 1 2

Wait is nearly over... - timslim - 23-03-2012 08:19am

Well, the waiting is finally over, due to pick up my Si4 tomorrow, and starting to get a little excited, perhaps tinged with a little apprehension at getting rid of my beautiful Audi - however I know I will not be dissapointed.

Went to the dealers to sign paperwork yesterday, and they had brought it round the front for me, looking fantastic - its a simple Santorini black with ebony interior (only extra a spare wheel!), I had feared it would be too dark inside, but its just right and the cirrus headlining brightens up the cabin. Due to get super-guard applied today (a freebie thrown in - thank you dealer).

I wonder if there is anything I should specifically check during the hand-over - any advice would be greatly appreciated. I will certainly be asking for the emergency procedure to dis-engage the handbrake, raise the gear selector and put it in Neutral.

27 hours and counting....

RE: Wait is nearly over... - MartinP - 23-03-2012 08:26am

That's great news timslim....and the weather forecast for the weekend is good so you should get some excellent pics to post!

RE: Wait is nearly over... - timslim - 23-03-2012 08:34am

Thanks Martin! Will get some pics and post them next week, that is if I stop driving it long enough to take them Wink

RE: Wait is nearly over... - broady43 - 23-03-2012 09:10am

Good luck Timslim,I am only a few days away from picking my car up and I am excited already so you must be really excited.Hope it all goes smoothly for you and they fill your tank up!

RE: Wait is nearly over... - 441kali - 23-03-2012 11:52am

Congrats Timslim! I am a couple of weeks from picking up my car as well. I was wondering the same thing as Timslim, if there anything specifically to look for in the handover.

RE: Wait is nearly over... - Dimitrios - 23-03-2012 01:45pm

During the last few months of waiting and reading just about every post on this excellent forum I’ve built quite a large list of questions and things to check. However, now I’m less than 24 hours from collection I have decide to dump the list and just enjoy the car over this sunny weekend! Very Happy

RE: Wait is nearly over... - Evo-king - 23-03-2012 09:44pm

Timslim, enjoy your weekend, plus there is nothing simple about Santorini, it's a metallic black that is £500 less than Barolo or Havana.

Dimitrios, are you really getting Sumatra, I was under the impression it was no longer available?

RE: Wait is nearly over... - Dimitrios - 23-03-2012 10:46pm

(23-03-2012 09:44pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Timslim, enjoy your weekend, plus there is nothing simple about Santorini, it's a metallic black that is £500 less than Barolo or Havana.

Dimitrios, are you really getting Sumatra, I was under the impression it was no longer available?

I'll find out tomorrow, well thats if the dealer is honest as I wouldn't know the difference?

RE: Wait is nearly over... - Evo-king - 23-03-2012 10:53pm

(23-03-2012 10:46pm)Dimitrios Wrote:  I'll find out tomorrow, well thats if the dealer is honest as I wouldn't know the difference?

As I understand it Sumatra is a flat black, whereas Santorini has a silvery fleck in it.

RE: Wait is nearly over... - ChuckieB - 24-03-2012 09:11am

To ALL collecting cars today........Lovely day for it!

Have fun!