Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WILL MY NEW EVOQUE EVER GET DELIVERED
johned

WILL MY NEW EVOQUE EVER GET DELIVERED

I ordered an Evoque HSE Dynamic back in May with a delivery date of 11 September. This date came and went and after a few exchanges with the dealer I was given a provisional date of 21 September. I went to sign the paperwork today (17th) to be told that all Evoques with the Ingenium engine were not being released by Land Rover and no delivery date can be given until such time as a fix is identified. The reason given was an engine fault that could result in a loss of power. To say I am disappointed with this circumstance is a vast understatement, especially as I traded my previous Evoque Dynamic in at the point of ordering the new one. Anyone else been given this bad news?

I have an update and could not have made this up if I had tried.

Two days after receiving notice that my new car could not be delivered due to a recall notice I was informed that it was not one of the impacted VINs.

So I ordered the car in May for a 11 September delivery. It is now the 24 September and my dealer has now informed me that the car has gone missing and someone is searching the factory compounds for it. Can you believe this? I therefore have no ETA on the vehicle which is costing £47k. An absolute disgrace for a company that has aspirations of providing Germanic quality (VW now excepted of course!). Absolutely deplorable and have contacted LR Customer Relations three times who just don't seem to want to help.
(This post was last modified: 24-09-2015 10:21pm by johned.)
17-09-2015 08:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: WILL MY NEW EVOQUE EVER GET DELIVERED

As frustrating as it is, All that can be said is Patience... if there is a problem it's better they sort it rather than supply you a car that you'll only get frustrated with if it has to go back, the dealers may not have all the information, so it may not be a generic issue with the new engine per se, LR aren't going to make this sort of issue very public.

Those of us that bought the original in advance had pretty much the same frustrations while they were getting the production line running, i'm afraid it's part of the game when buying very sought after cars where they can't make enough, any delay has a huge knock on effect.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-09-2015 02:09pm
bee

that's not good news for buyers who now have their my16 evoque.Confused

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
18-09-2015 09:14pm
Griffter18

Just seen this.
My eD4 Evoque is built and The dealer advised on the 17th that it will definately be with them on Monday 21st Sept for collection on Thursday 24th.
Not heard anything to the contrary from them but this is the case then i will really not be happy as ill have to change a lot if plans which were based on the agreed date.

Ive booked the day off to collect the car and that will mean a lost day.
Car is booked into detailers a couple of days after planned collection so thats a cancellation charge.
Will need to arrange alternative transport as lease car agreement has been terminated and car goes back on Monday at 9am.
Caravan hired for when detailer is finished so unless i can get a hire car with a towbar thats a cancelled holiday as Ive no means of moving it.

I understand and accept problems happen but it would be nice to get some info as to wether this is an isolated incidence or a complete block.
19-09-2015 09:49am
johned

My car was built on the 8th and my collection date should have been Monday 21st.
Not going to happen.
19-09-2015 10:38am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(19-09-2015 09:49am)Griffter18 Wrote:  Just seen this.
My eD4 Evoque is built and The dealer advised on the 17th that it will definately be with them on Monday 21st Sept for collection on Thursday 24th.
Not heard anything to the contrary from them but this is the case then i will really not be happy as ill have to change a lot if plans which were based on the agreed date.

Ive booked the day off to collect the car and that will mean a lost day.
Car is booked into detailers a couple of days after planned collection so thats a cancellation charge.
Will need to arrange alternative transport as lease car agreement has been terminated and car goes back on Monday at 9am.
Caravan hired for when detailer is finished so unless i can get a hire car with a towbar thats a cancelled holiday as Ive no means of moving it.

I understand and accept problems happen but it would be nice to get some info as to wether this is an isolated incidence or a complete block.

Have YOU communicated with your dealer about your plans? These things work 2 ways you know.......... no point in you surprising him when you turn up to collect the car and then he cannot arrange a loan car or for you to retain your current car until the new one is ready. I KNOW that dealers should take the first step and advise you, but there is also an onus on you if you know that new car deliveries are being held up and do nothing about it. Call the dealer and ask him what arrangements they intend to make to provide a loan car in the event that deliveries remain blocked. It might be worth looking over on the Jaguar and Disco Sport forums to see if deliveries of those cars also fitted with Ingenium engines are being blocked.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2015 11:07am by XFullFatTim.)
19-09-2015 11:05am
Griffter18

Slightly more complicated as ive only just read about this issue this morning.
The car is a company car ordered through a lease company which Im contributing too.
The dealer is fully aware of my plans and Ive already changed them once to fit in with a moved delivery date and the fact that it would take them an additional week to transport the car to me.
Because of delays ive had to make personal arrangements to travel 400miles to collect the car and try an keep plans on track so them providing a temp car doesnt work as It woukd mean me doing an 800m round trip twice.
Obviously Ill be contacting dealer on Monday when then open to see what they know.

Really starting to question my car choice now which is putting a damper on what should be a great experiance.
All this and i live just 300mins from the factory were they are built lol
19-09-2015 11:45am
Angel

Johned I ordered mine back in April and still not got one yet... hopefully soon though Smile if there is a problem I would rather they fix it which saves me booking it in.... hang tight it will come Smile
19-09-2015 01:03pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have been in contact with the dealer who supplied my last Evoque and now my RRS, today. They say that the problem is a nightmare for them too as the issue doesn't apply to all Ingenium engined cars only some (I assume that the problem is with one of power outputs/ engine maps and only one has an issue) and they don't know until the last minute which cars Land Rover will allow them to release and which to hold. So keep pressing your salesman/ dealership for an update.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-09-2015 04:44pm
johned

Update..been told My car is not one of the bad boys that is being recalled....
19-09-2015 08:19pm