Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Very Poor Economy
Louie

RE: Very Poor Economy

Hi, I would just like to add that i have done about 42k miles over the last two and a half years, i have maintained the second tripometer since start and it reads 30.8mpg, no where near the reported figures. That is based upon a 50/50 split of urban and motorway driving.
The Eco function is very economical in its use in that it cuts in once every six months if i am lucky. I have found that if you stall the car it then works for the rest of the journey but then back to the bad old ways once the engine has been switched off.
I have also had a problem with the electronic park brake which some times releases on start off on other times it just holds until i depress the foot brake and release the park brake.
The car has been into three different dealers who cannot solve the problem, apparently if the fault is not apparent when the vehicle is connected to the computer in the service bay then the fault does not exist. That statement came from Land Rover Customer Care Department who i found to be totally useless. Following communication with the MD of JLR they arranged for the vehicle to be retuned to the supplying dealer for a week, the vehicle came back with the same faults. Even the courtesy Evoque they sent me had problems with the park brake.
The vehicle is on Hire Contract and i will be sending it back early. I have given up trying to resolve the problems. I will never get a Range Rover again. Back to the trusted Mercedes.MadMad

Pure SD4 Firenze Red, manual with tech pack, pano roof, auto dimming rear view mirror, xenons & fogs
Delivered Very HappyVery Happy[/font]
08-05-2014 01:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply