Poll: Do we buy now?
Yes for Mar 1st.
Wait for the Pure.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Urgent Regular Forum Members Help needed.
BMG
Banned

RE: Urgent Regular Forum Members Help needed.

(04-02-2012 07:02pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  I think you've set your heart on the pano. It was never my cup of tea but it is a really big differentiating feature on the vehicle. Stick with it.

Solid!... You will find that your "solid" paint will be costing you an additional £550.00.
04-02-2012 07:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

Yep, Firenze is Metallic.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-02-2012 07:20pm
MartinP

My tuppence for what it's worth would be to stick it out and wait for your car. You've agonised over the spec for months and to accept something else would always be second best and something you may eventually regret. And if SWMBO has set her heart on a panoramic roof it would be a brave chap to try to persude her that you're having something else. And you have also got the special feature to look forward to.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
04-02-2012 08:31pm
Evo-king

I've told her we will wait especially as those of you on the forum are suggesting the same, her face is a picture, and commented along the lines of 'I told you it is better with the glass roof', what it is to be smug.LaughingLaughing

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2012 08:56pm by Evo-king.)
04-02-2012 08:56pm
Straydox

(04-02-2012 08:56pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I've told her we will wait especially as those of you on the forum are suggesting the same, her face is a picture, and commented along the lines of 'I told you it is better with the glass roof', what it is to be smug.LaughingLaughing

Ahhh taking a base vehicle (i.e a Pure) and then hanging loads of extra options on it isn't a great idea from a residual value point of view - most of the options cost will be lost when you go to trade it in - the exceptions being the transmission choice and satnav - typically the trade price guides (i.e. Glasses) only list those.

My original plan was to buy a Pure and add toys but the numbers didn't stack up when compared to an equivalent Prestige. So a loaded Pure to buy was cheaper to buy but the projected minimum future value was a lot less than Prestige in base form. When I abandoned the 'buy it myself' idea and opted for the company car approach the same thing happened - the Prestige with 5 options was cheaper to lease than the loaded Pure.

Balanced off against the slightly lower tax burden of the less expensive Pure (I'm contributing to the lease cost of the Prestige for personal use - as it is UK income tax efficient to do that) there really wasn't a lot in it.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2012 09:58pm by Straydox.)
04-02-2012 09:57pm
LDT

Go with your heart Andrew!!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
04-02-2012 10:15pm
lngrn36

Every time you glance upward at a traffis light. Or on a clear night when you gaze out of your side glass you will ask yourself why? Why didn't I wait...

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
04-02-2012 10:21pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cedric

(04-02-2012 10:21pm)lngrn36 Wrote:  Every time you glance upward at a traffis light. Or on a clear night when you gaze out of your side glass you will ask yourself why? Why didn't I wait...

Probably because I'll end up against another car or something similar, as I had to look out of the side window for security reasons, but ended up gazing out of the panoramic roof a bit too long. It is so good, it bothered me while driving. Since you will be driving the car, you will be the person who enjoys the panormic roof the least. And in a coupe, nobody will want to go sit in the back anyways, will take too long Wink
I really wanted the white roof on the firenze I ordered. I find it a bit silly to add a black panoramic roof. The best combination would be to pick a black contrasting roof if you take the panoramic roof.
04-02-2012 10:53pm
Evo-king

(04-02-2012 09:57pm)Straydox Wrote:  Ahhh taking a base vehicle (i.e a Pure) and then hanging loads of extra options on it isn't a great idea from a residual value point of view - most of the options cost will be lost when you go to trade it in - the exceptions being the transmission choice and satnav - typically the trade price guides (i.e. Glasses) only list those.

My original plan was to buy a Pure and add toys but the numbers didn't stack up when compared to an equivalent Prestige. So a loaded Pure to buy was cheaper to buy but the projected minimum future value was a lot less than Prestige in base form. When I abandoned the 'buy it myself' idea and opted for the company car approach the same thing happened - the Prestige with 5 options was cheaper to lease than the loaded Pure.

Balanced off against the slightly lower tax burden of the less expensive Pure (I'm contributing to the lease cost of the Prestige for personal use - as it is UK income tax efficient to do that) there really wasn't a lot in it.

Straydox.

All opinions are welcome, hence the poll, we too contemplated a Dynamic, but with other options, we were looking at between £5 & £7k more than our current order, peanuts to some, loads of money to others, the point is how far do you go and we have now drawn the line on and are getting a Pure.

We have 3 cars at the moment, and I habitually change cars regularly, since 2007 I've had 6 different cars, but I'm now retired, albeit at 50, and have decided that this Evoque is going to be a keeper, i.e. 5yrs or so.

So I don't think the residual argument is so significant, and have also looked at the principle of 'if it appreciates buy it and if it depreciates it lease it'. Can't quite get my head around the leasing situation, as I've always bought my/our cars. It might work if you only have the vehicle for 2-3yrs, and don't see any 5yr options.

Comments on leasing appreciated, though doubt we'd be going down that route.

I always try to do as much research about the car I'm getting but have still fallen foul to the heart decisions over the pragmatic head decisions. There are no doubts about the Evoque though.

Finally, I looked on the LR website at Freelander used prices for 5 & 6 yrs old vehicles and was pleasantly surprised at their value, considering the 2/3 yrs depreciation stats, so I'm planning to keep this one for 5yrs.

05-02-2012 10:22am
caroline11000

I'd wait for the high spec Pure, the pano roof is a must in my opinion! Eager to know what the + something special is?

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
05-02-2012 02:05pm