Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Carbon Dipping?
Paddy_R1

Carbon Dipping?

I'm new so please excuse my naivety!

I'm currently waiting for my Evoque to be delivered (should be next week). I've gone for a Pure with the tech pack and all the extras I want / could afford. I know it doesnt quite have the looks or the extras that the Dynamic has, but my plan is to get there slowly bit by bit, and probably blowing a load of money through Duckworths...

I was wondering if any of you guys had had any of the grills and vents etc carbon dipped? This would obviously be cheaper than buying carbon parts, but I haven't actually seen anything that's had it done up close so don't know if they look good or not?

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Waiting for my 13 plate to arrive...
12-03-2013 02:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

RE: Carbon Dipping?

(12-03-2013 02:36pm)Paddy_R1 Wrote:  I'm new so please excuse my naivety!

I'm currently waiting for my Evoque to be delivered (should be next week). I've gone for a Pure with the tech pack and all the extras I want / could afford. I know it doesnt quite have the looks or the extras that the Dynamic has...

Ironically when I went shopping State-Side I thought the Pure had a much more harmonious look than the Dynamic. MagneRide was only avail on the Dynamic, which I bought, so I began looking for ways to make my car look more like a Pure or Prestige. (It's mainly the black-out waist area with the metal that makes the car look less bulky). Dynamic has grown on me, but I still think the Pure is a cleaner design.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
12-03-2013 03:36pm
Paddy_R1

(12-03-2013 03:36pm)scrannel Wrote:  Ironically when I went shopping State-Side I thought the Pure had a much more harmonious look than the Dynamic. MagneRide was only avail on the Dynamic, which I bought, so I began looking for ways to make my car look more like a Pure or Prestige. (It's mainly the black-out waist area with the metal that makes the car look less bulky). Dynamic has grown on me, but I still think the Pure is a cleaner design.

I prefer the look of the Dynamic personally, but sadly couldn't afford it! If you weren't across the pond i'd be happy to swap the bodywork with you....!

Waiting for my 13 plate to arrive...
12-03-2013 06:28pm
speary

have a look at http://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk they were on Wheeler Dealers last week. the finish looks really good but like you I would want to see a sample close up before committing

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
13-03-2013 09:38am
WB
WB

(12-03-2013 03:36pm)scrannel Wrote:  Ironically when I went shopping State-Side I thought the Pure had a much more harmonious look than the Dynamic. MagneRide was only avail on the Dynamic, which I bought, so I began looking for ways to make my car look more like a Pure or Prestige. (It's mainly the black-out waist area with the metal that makes the car look less bulky). Dynamic has grown on me, but I still think the Pure is a cleaner design.

PM me if you want some Pure parts for your car - I will shortly have a full set of side mouldings and front and rear bumpers for sale - in Orkney grey!
13-03-2013 11:20am
DarkEvo

I've also been looking into hydro dipping, looking at carbon effect for side and tailgate trims. Found this site http://www.garnishdip.co.uk/Gallery_Land...voque.aspx which shows the pieces dipped and fitted.

Rang them this morning, guy was very helpful and said he would come back to me on Monday with a price.

Just need to figure out how to remove the rear tailgate trim now !?
(This post was last modified: 16-03-2013 10:18pm by DarkEvo.)
16-03-2013 10:15pm
speary

(16-03-2013 10:15pm)DarkEvo Wrote:  I've also been looking into hydro dipping, looking at carbon effect for side and tailgate trims. Found this site http://www.garnishdip.co.uk/Gallery_Land...voque.aspx which shows the pieces dipped and fitted.

Rang them this morning, guy was very helpful and said he would come back to me on Monday with a price.

I await the price with baited breath

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
18-03-2013 09:51am
WB
WB

(16-03-2013 10:15pm)DarkEvo Wrote:  I've also been looking into hydro dipping, looking at carbon effect for side and tailgate trims. Found this site http://www.garnishdip.co.uk/Gallery_Land...voque.aspx which shows the pieces dipped and fitted.

There is a video on youtube showing how to remove the tailgate trim - search for PowerfulUK
18-03-2013 05:49pm
GCS

(18-03-2013 05:49pm)WB Wrote:  There is a video on youtube showing how to remove the tailgate trim - search for PowerfulUK

Thanks for the heads up.

Garnish rang me back today as promised, price to dip the side trims and the tailgate trims £175 + VAT.
(This post was last modified: 18-03-2013 08:01pm by GCS.)
18-03-2013 08:00pm