babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Carbon Dipping? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Carbon Dipping? (/Thread-Carbon-Dipping)

Carbon Dipping? - Paddy_R1 - 12-03-2013 02:36pm

I'm new so please excuse my naivety!

I'm currently waiting for my Evoque to be delivered (should be next week). I've gone for a Pure with the tech pack and all the extras I want / could afford. I know it doesnt quite have the looks or the extras that the Dynamic has, but my plan is to get there slowly bit by bit, and probably blowing a load of money through Duckworths...

I was wondering if any of you guys had had any of the grills and vents etc carbon dipped? This would obviously be cheaper than buying carbon parts, but I haven't actually seen anything that's had it done up close so don't know if they look good or not?

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

RE: Carbon Dipping? - scrannel - 12-03-2013 03:36pm

(12-03-2013 02:36pm)Paddy_R1 Wrote:  I'm new so please excuse my naivety!

I'm currently waiting for my Evoque to be delivered (should be next week). I've gone for a Pure with the tech pack and all the extras I want / could afford. I know it doesnt quite have the looks or the extras that the Dynamic has...

Ironically when I went shopping State-Side I thought the Pure had a much more harmonious look than the Dynamic. MagneRide was only avail on the Dynamic, which I bought, so I began looking for ways to make my car look more like a Pure or Prestige. (It's mainly the black-out waist area with the metal that makes the car look less bulky). Dynamic has grown on me, but I still think the Pure is a cleaner design.

RE: Carbon Dipping? - Paddy_R1 - 12-03-2013 06:28pm

(12-03-2013 03:36pm)scrannel Wrote:  Ironically when I went shopping State-Side I thought the Pure had a much more harmonious look than the Dynamic. MagneRide was only avail on the Dynamic, which I bought, so I began looking for ways to make my car look more like a Pure or Prestige. (It's mainly the black-out waist area with the metal that makes the car look less bulky). Dynamic has grown on me, but I still think the Pure is a cleaner design.

I prefer the look of the Dynamic personally, but sadly couldn't afford it! If you weren't across the pond i'd be happy to swap the bodywork with you....!

RE: Carbon Dipping? - speary - 13-03-2013 09:38am

have a look at http://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk they were on Wheeler Dealers last week. the finish looks really good but like you I would want to see a sample close up before committing

RE: Carbon Dipping? - WB - 13-03-2013 11:20am

(12-03-2013 03:36pm)scrannel Wrote:  Ironically when I went shopping State-Side I thought the Pure had a much more harmonious look than the Dynamic. MagneRide was only avail on the Dynamic, which I bought, so I began looking for ways to make my car look more like a Pure or Prestige. (It's mainly the black-out waist area with the metal that makes the car look less bulky). Dynamic has grown on me, but I still think the Pure is a cleaner design.

PM me if you want some Pure parts for your car - I will shortly have a full set of side mouldings and front and rear bumpers for sale - in Orkney grey!

RE: Carbon Dipping? - DarkEvo - 16-03-2013 10:15pm

I've also been looking into hydro dipping, looking at carbon effect for side and tailgate trims. Found this site http://www.garnishdip.co.uk/Gallery_Landrover_RangeRoverEvoque.aspx which shows the pieces dipped and fitted.

Rang them this morning, guy was very helpful and said he would come back to me on Monday with a price.

Just need to figure out how to remove the rear tailgate trim now !?

RE: Carbon Dipping? - speary - 18-03-2013 09:51am

(16-03-2013 10:15pm)DarkEvo Wrote:  I've also been looking into hydro dipping, looking at carbon effect for side and tailgate trims. Found this site http://www.garnishdip.co.uk/Gallery_Landrover_RangeRoverEvoque.aspx which shows the pieces dipped and fitted.

Rang them this morning, guy was very helpful and said he would come back to me on Monday with a price.

I await the price with baited breath

RE: Carbon Dipping? - WB - 18-03-2013 05:49pm

(16-03-2013 10:15pm)DarkEvo Wrote:  I've also been looking into hydro dipping, looking at carbon effect for side and tailgate trims. Found this site http://www.garnishdip.co.uk/Gallery_Landrover_RangeRoverEvoque.aspx which shows the pieces dipped and fitted.

There is a video on youtube showing how to remove the tailgate trim - search for PowerfulUK

RE: Carbon Dipping? - GCS - 18-03-2013 08:00pm

(18-03-2013 05:49pm)WB Wrote:  There is a video on youtube showing how to remove the tailgate trim - search for PowerfulUK

Thanks for the heads up.

Garnish rang me back today as promised, price to dip the side trims and the tailgate trims £175 + VAT.