Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Darn....won't fit!
LIONHEAD

Darn....won't fit!

So I was looking at the speaker for the tweeter on the Evoque and notice it's pretty much the same as my Jag and so I tried to install the chrome bezel onto the Evoque but it's too small. Plus, I don't think it would match as the bezel is chrome and the other speaker bezel is brush aluminum. O'Well.....hopefully some aftermarket company can make this bezel for the Evoques.

This is what it would have looked like if it fit correctly:
[Image: bezel4a.jpg]
[Image: bezel2a.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 27-12-2011 08:15pm by LIONHEAD.)
27-12-2011 08:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slee18

RE: Darn....won't fit!

If you do that your gonna have to change everything that is brushed aluminum!

Reminds better wash my car soon
(This post was last modified: 27-12-2011 09:05pm by slee18.)
27-12-2011 09:05pm
LIONHEAD

Definitely take it off. Again the evoque's mesh is larger and so the bezel won't go around it. Also, the chrome doesn't match with the brush aluminum. I put some double sides tape to see what it would look like in the pic.

I bet LR will have an oem bezel for the tweeter in 2 years. that's what they did with the jag.
(This post was last modified: 27-12-2011 09:29pm by LIONHEAD.)
27-12-2011 09:27pm
lngrn36

(27-12-2011 09:27pm)LIONHEAD Wrote:  Definitely take it off. Again the evoque's mesh is larger and so the bezel won't go around it. Also, the chrome doesn't match with the brush aluminum. I put some double sides tape to see what it would look like in the pic.

I bet LR will have an oem bezel for the tweeter in 2 years. that's what they did with the jag.

2 years? Definitely aftermarket then! I love the ideal, please keep posting your thoughts.

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
27-12-2011 10:07pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
npinks

I'm not sure if the evoque has the same speakers as the Freelander 2, but have a look at eBay item 110799058073

Nothing to do with company, just a freel2 member bought some and said they were ok

Freelander 2 HSE in Alaska White and a caravan to match
27-12-2011 10:10pm
LIONHEAD

THanks for the info on the Ebay. I found some on the US Ebay but they wanted $325 for a set of 4. Shocked

If anyone gets the ones from Poland...let us know if they fit. Very Happy
27-12-2011 10:50pm
LIONHEAD

***UPDATE***

I talked to a vendor that I know here in the US over the phone and that I've bought many Jaguar parts and he also does LR aftermrket parts. I told him the situation and he said to email him some measurements and he will try to make some rings for the tweeter. May take a few weeks as it's the Holidays, short staff and some projects going on. I'll email him the measurements and I'll let you know if he is able to make some brush aluminum rings for the tweeter.
28-12-2011 08:29pm
cjfp

Now having got mine, it does seem odd that this small speaker doesn't have the same alu edging like the other speakers. I think the look would be enhanced if fitted.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 30-12-2011 04:52pm by cjfp.)
30-12-2011 04:52pm