Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
USB Conundrum
Clip

RE: USB Conundrum

I'd definitely avoid re ripping MP3s. Don't forget if you rip back to wav file then convert to MP3 or any other lossey format, your going to lose more quality as you recompress.
05-01-2016 01:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wheels

(05-01-2016 01:35am)Clip Wrote:  I'd definitely avoid re ripping MP3s. Don't forget if you rip back to wav file then convert to MP3 or any other lossey format, your going to lose more quality as you recompress.

If you have to choose between that or not being able to use the memorycard. I know what I will choose
05-01-2016 02:13am
PhilSkill

Indeed don't re-rip and never be able to play it in your Evoque... not a great choice frankly.

Whilst there is a risk of some loss of data in conversion if you keep the same bitrates there will be little loss. no point expanding out to a higher bit-rate or WAV again.

I've only needed to do this on 1 album from Amazon, and a few individual tracks out of all the CD's I play, and all failures have been from downloaded sources in Variable Bit Rate files, anything ripped from my own CD myself into WMA always works 100%

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
05-01-2016 05:08pm
Evo-king

(04-01-2016 10:57am)PhilSkill Wrote:  I play .wma and .mpg usually 320Kb/s, but sometimes use the Amazon downloaded files direct. Not had any problems recently.

But I re-ripped some amazon downloads for another forum member as a test, as he was having troubles with VBR, which worked.

Last 2 Albums I've downloaded from Amazon have been fixed bit rate, although every track is a different rate by a few Kb/s.

The Evoque system (well mine anyway) seems to lock up very easily if it comes across anything it doesn't like, and not consistently too, it can get into a VBR track different amounts before locking up.

Indeed you did Phil. I've not had any problems in recent times but that it because I take all of my music files from my iTunes folders now.

Also jcarrot wrote:

"No problem with ripping, it's the transfer of files between Windows and USB which causes problems".

I have only had use of Apple products since getting my first Evoque in 2012, and had similar problems so it is not Windows specific.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
23-01-2016 04:28pm