Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
UK dealers worthy of recommendation
caroline11000

There are many threads complaining about bad service/experiences with dealers! Thought it would be good to
name those worthy of a mention for great service. It may be helpfull to forum members looking for a good dealer in their area.

I can recommend Harwoods of Tonbridge, Kent.
Sales Manager Barnaby Walker and his team have been really very efficient, they kept me informed on a regular basis about my order and always returned my phone calls & replied to my e-mails promptly. If you are looking for a good dealer and are close enough I would highly recommend them.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
11-12-2011 04:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

RE: UK dealers worthy of recommendation

I can recommend Harwoods in Pulborough.
Brendan McIntyre and principal Alaistair Hanna did a great job especially when I was very twitchy.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
11-12-2011 04:46pm
DDX

I too dealt with Harwoods Tonbridge and my salesperson was Ian Capel. Very courteous and always got back to me when necessary. Easy handover without dwelling on what wasn't needed yet emphasising what I would need to know for everyday use and my journey home.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
11-12-2011 06:15pm
doug

LOOKERS @Colchester, Essex. Alex is a top bloke Very Happy
Not pushe at all, always returned my e-mails straight away & kept my informed along the way with my order

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
11-12-2011 10:47pm
bluebear

Farnell Bradford were excellent. The salesman Abu was patient and always had time when I popped in. A special mention for the DP, James who helped massively when I had a problem with the car and went the extra mile to solve it.

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
11-12-2011 10:57pm
The Valeter

Mine is on order with Harwoods of Edenbridge. Tonbridge would have been easier for me as they are easier to get to. After I placed the order with Edenbridge though I went into Tonbridge just to look at colour schemes & the sales guys were really helpfull but they lost the sale because at the very beginning of September when I first decided to get prices for selling my FL2 I rang Tonbridge, the receptionist answered the phone & when I asked her to put me through to a salesman she said new or used? I replied I just want a price to sell my Freelander for which she replied the salesmen are too busy presently just to deal with you selling a car thank you! (or words to a very similar meaning) so there we have it I rang Edenbridge & took it over there & then & they gave me a price. Have to say I ended up selling it to Barretts In Canterbury 2 weeks ago as they gave me more than I was offered in September. They too were very nice folk & the guy that ended up buying my FL2 from them was also very impressed with their service - this I know as he is local to me & spoke to me in Tesco's a few weeks ago when he saw the For Sale sign in my rear window. He has since been back to me to purchace a few of the items I removed from the car when it was traded.

When I went into Tonbridge that time I did mention the comment to the salesman who wasn't very impressed with what I told him (obviously)!

Having said all this I have had no contact from Harwoods at all other than when I rang them 3 to 4 weeks ago so I am just assuming all is well with the order - time on this one will tell I guess.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2011 12:52pm by The Valeter.)
12-12-2011 12:51pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hotelender

I found Peterboroug LR quite efficient in handling my enquiry.

Unfortunately though too many other LR dealers didn't deliver the level of service one would expect considering the size of the potential investment.
15-12-2011 09:14pm
jonty

Hillendale at Junction 12 on the M65 in Lancashire are the best dealership I have dealt with in 30 yeras

Arrived September 16th 2011 - Prestige 5 door SD4 Auto in Orkney Grey
19-12-2011 09:02pm
CrawfsEvoque

Marshalls Bedford. Excellent. Special mention; Martin Altenbach.

Pure SD4 Auto, Fuji White, Almond / Espresso, Pure Style Pack, Tech Pack, Auto Dim Mirror, Park Assist, Carpet Mats, Zenons, Spare Wheel, Mudflaps, Rigid Boot Liner and Rubber Mats.
19-12-2011 09:15pm
DaveR

I have been dealing with Bill Ryan at Williams in Manchester. Due to pick up tomorrow and have been quite happy so far with the service and communication I have recieced from Bill.
19-12-2011 09:39pm