Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
UK Snow - Feedback on the Evoque's handling
PhilSkill

RE: UK Snow - Feedback on the Evoque's handling

Decided to make a trip to Sainsburys since supplies were low indoors Laughing

What a brilliant time to go, apparently yesterday was busier than Christmas, today only 10 cars in the car park, utter bliss in the shop! Gave it some welly in the empty car park and could only manage to get a little bit of understeer on the ice packed car park and still stopped on a sixpence, really fantastic grip.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-01-2013 09:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gibbyd

UK Snow - Feedback on the Evoque's handling

Scorpions on mine and snow mode setting all day, it has been great. I even flicked on hill descent on a steep decline and that was cool, no slip or slide and nothing for your feet to do.

Just a cool car.
18-01-2013 09:42pm
Donny Dog

In heavy snow (building up on the front as I drove) it stopped the auto-dip working, and an alarm stating 'sensor blocked' came up in the display. Anyone know where the sensor is?
18-01-2013 10:54pm
PhilSkill

(18-01-2013 10:54pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  In heavy snow (building up on the front as I drove) it stopped the auto-dip working, and an alarm stating 'sensor blocked' came up in the display. Anyone know where the sensor is?

Pure assumption... behind the mirror looking out of the screen?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-01-2013 11:20pm
Evo-king

6:30 this morning off out in virgin snow, 1 of the main reasons for getting the Evoque was to cope with these kind of conditions in our hilly area.

Car was fantastic, no worries negotiating the hills.

1 small criticism, parking sensors were going bonkers, simply because the driver did not clear the snow from the rear bumpers, it stopped as soon as I turned it off on the dash.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
18-01-2013 11:35pm
Donny Dog

(18-01-2013 11:20pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Pure assumption... behind the mirror looking out of the screen?

Possible, indeed that rings a bell from what I'd heard before, but I'm surprised it was blocked if that is the location.
19-01-2013 12:05am
Bodlyfunctions

No problem at all with my 20's with factory fit tyres today. Up hill, down hill, fresh snow, compacted - the lot.
I just don't feel the need for winter tyres in the UK - sorry, not intending to offend anyone here who has them.
I spoke with the local Michelin man and assured me the standard tyres fitted on all UK cars are not summer only tyres. They are all season tyres, more than capable of the type of weather in the UK.
I just drive a little slower and more cautiously. Break more gently and drive expecting an idiot to be just around every corner.
Its not just tyres that save you. It's about how you drive.
Maybe I have become a boring driver since I did my advanced driving test?
19-01-2013 12:23am
wavey.dave

(19-01-2013 12:23am)Bodlyfunctions Wrote:  No problem at all with my 20's with factory fit tyres today. Up hill, down hill, fresh snow, compacted - the lot.
I just don't feel the need for winter tyres in the UK - sorry, not intending to offend anyone here who has them.
I spoke with the local Michelin man and assured me the standard tyres fitted on all UK cars are not summer only tyres. They are all season tyres, more than capable of the type of weather in the UK.
I just drive a little slower and more cautiously. Break more gently and drive expecting an idiot to be just around every corner.
Its not just tyres that save you. It's about how you drive.
Maybe I have become a boring driver since I did my advanced driving test?

The 20" factory fit Michelin tyres are stated as being summer on the Michelin website. The smaller wheels come with all season tyres.

[Image: 143277.png]
19-01-2013 12:25am
Jonathon555

(19-01-2013 12:25am)wavey.dave Wrote:  The 20" factory fit Michelin tyres are stated as being summer on the Michelin website. The smaller wheels come with all season tyres.

You beat me to it , the standard michelin tyres are summer compound.

Only the pirelli scorpions are all season

The michelins can go up hills ok but thats about it in my testing

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
19-01-2013 12:47am
KaDargo

20" Michelins - straight line grip and pull was good, but lost the back slightly taking a 90 degree bend at about 25 mph Laughing

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
19-01-2013 11:24am