Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
UK Snow - Feedback on the Evoque's handling
Big G

UK Snow - Feedback on the Evoque's handling

With all the snow in the UK , just wondering what peoples experience of the Evoques handling in these real world conditions was like? Those with summer tyres v all weather, off road settings helping etc?
Thankfully no snow here - yet - Just wondering what people thought ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
18-01-2013 03:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wavey.dave

RE: UK Snow - Feedback on the Evoque's handling

Unfortunately most of the snow has turned to slush in my part of South Wales so no real test! Having said that, I did drive to work today, which I would never have contemplated in my BMW.

[Image: 143277.png]
18-01-2013 04:00pm
Jonathon555

Summer tyres are very poor at steering and stopping in the snow & ice.

But they forward traction seems very good, and it climbs hill well in the snow.

Next year I will consider get winter tyres for safety.

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
18-01-2013 04:03pm
PhilSkill

Standard Factory Pirelli Scorpion M+S 19" on mine still over 6mm tread, Handled brilliantly, didn't feel a single slip or spin on fresh snow, compacted snow or ice under slush and gritted slush, -3 temps during the day here and quite hilly.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2013 06:43pm by PhilSkill.)
18-01-2013 06:08pm
peet

Have fitted mine with a set of 235/55 R19 continental cross contact winter 105h
Havnt had all that much snow yet but enough toi know the tyres are excellent. might as well be a wet summer day.

Mauritius Blue 5 door Prestige +LUX. Manual SD4. Ambiance interior - Spare
Took Delivery: 23/03/12
Bike: Honda ST1300 Pan European
18-01-2013 06:28pm
rchrdleigh

Watched one going round a LR Experience Centre Off Road Course today and it had no problems with traction on the snow covered tracks and when going off track into fresh snow on grass. All done on standard summer tyres. I was following it in a Freelander which also coped admirably with the snow.
18-01-2013 06:31pm
Westy

Had to be in Bracknell this morning, left early well before the snow arrived. Then the heavens opened.

meeting got cancelled after about two hours because of the bad weather and then had my drive back home to the midlands with my brilliant tom tom live and brilliant car. (diverted about thirty times and drove on nearly all london motorways and country lanes.

Where there was a diversion the tom tom took me the country route, saw some beautiful countryside and was amazed at the performance of both the evoque and the 30000 miles 18s Pirellis M&S tyres.

Amazing, saw some many people struggling, as phil said car never missed a beat or spun a wheel.

I also found another trick, snow was packing the wiper blade and freezing. Changed to the winter park and the heater melted the snow and cleaned the wiper blade.

Amazing car, all home safe and sound.none of you will be disapointed

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
18-01-2013 07:34pm
Jonathon555

(18-01-2013 07:34pm)Westy Wrote:  Had to be in Bracknell this morning, left early well before the snow arrived. Then the heavens opened.

meeting got cancelled after about two hours because of the bad weather and then had my drive back home to the midlands with my brilliant tom tom live and brilliant car. (diverted about thirty times and drove on nearly all london motorways and country lanes.

Where there was a diversion the tom tom took me the country route, saw some beautiful countryside and was amazed at the performance of both the evoque and the 30000 miles 18s Pirellis M&S tyres.

Amazing, saw some many people struggling, as phil said car never missed a beat or spun a wheel.

I also found another trick, snow was packing the wiper blade and freezing. Changed to the winter park and the heater melted the snow and cleaned the wiper blade.

Amazing car, all home safe and sound.none of you will be disapointed

Good to hear the good review , I guess the M & S tyres are key

I have the 20" Michelin latitude sport Summer tyres

may have to ivest in some 18" for next winter

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
18-01-2013 07:41pm
ChuckieB

Packing snow under the wiper blade was a but of a problem today. Not had that as a problem before.

Ventured out today under circumstances I would have never previously contemplated. Car coped admirably, very assured, on the Pirelli 19's, only restricted by the lack of ability of those cars around me. Hence got stuck for a while!

Tomorrow is a different story once it all packs down into Ice. Experience already tells me the car stops no better than any other once the going gets tough. Staying firmly indoors!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
18-01-2013 08:17pm
RacingSnake

much like the experiences above, we were out in the thick of it.
I did chuck it in snow mode (whatever it does), and the car was faultless... bar one cut-in of the ABS when coming to a T-junction, but that was only a touch.

nevertheless, I'll still use the snow as an excuse to work from home on Monday too Wink

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
18-01-2013 09:08pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply