Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tyre manufacturer(s)
Blackseries

RE: Tyre manufacturer(s)

(30-08-2011 11:52am)griff Wrote:  What is the best price for Pirelli Ice & Snow tyres in your opinion. mytyres are quoting £245 ex fitting. (each!)

Just wondering ......... if we bulk ordered some as a group what price we could get.

When I had an M Class I bought tyres from the USA. It was cheaper to buy 4 tyres and have them shipped to the UK than buy 1 tyre here ..... now that was a special offer but even so I think the UK is one of the more expensive places to buy tyres.
When the £ - Euro rate was I bit more sensible Germany was a good place to get performance tyres at sensible prices.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
30-08-2011 12:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mike

On my build sheet for Dec it says pirellis.

Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Man
Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Black Roof and Headlining
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
30-08-2011 12:11pm
BFGEvoqueMan

On mine he order sheet says Michelin. Talking with my sales agent I think that all 18's are Pirelli, 19's are Conti and definately all 20's are Michelin. I have Conti on my last FL2 and they wore very well, but those on my SLK gave up the ghost at 14K (almost bald) and much to the dismay of my local German Merc garage insisted onMichelins as replacements (ironically Made in Germany) which so far have done 5k with only about 1mm of wear.

Ref winter tyres, I bought a set of Cooper winter tyres for my M Class (then transferred them to my FL2). They are only S rated (160 kph) but then grip is awesome and they look proper chunky. My point being there are some really good value M + S tyres out there that don't necessarily look good but do the business in the winter. I always wonder why people fit W or Z rated winter tyres as by implication the weather will probably not permit going half the speed of normal dry conditions. That said your price for 4 seems alright.

Hope this helpsConfused:

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2011 02:19pm by BFGEvoqueMan.)
30-08-2011 02:11pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Could there be an insurance reason why people fit higher speed rated tyres? After all, if you encounter completely snow free roads during a journey you aren't going to want to sit at 160km/h if your car is capable of 300km/hr and you are on suitable roads for that speed?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-08-2011 02:29pm
Tony

(30-08-2011 02:11pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  On mine he order sheet says Michelin. Talking with my sales agent I think that all 18's are Pirelli, 19's are Conti and definately all 20's are Michelin. I have Conti on my last FL2 and they wore very well, but those on my SLK gave up the ghost at 14K (almost bald) and much to the dismay of my local German Merc garage insisted onMichelins as replacements (ironically Made in Germany) which so far have done 5k with only about 1mm of wear.

Ref winter tyres, I bought a set of Cooper winter tyres for my M Class (then transferred them to my FL2). They are only S rated (160 kph) but then grip is awesome and they look proper chunky. My point being there are some really good value M + S tyres out there that don't necessarily look good but do the business in the winter. I always wonder why people fit W or Z rated winter tyres as by implication the weather will probably not permit going half the speed of normal dry conditions. That said your price for 4 seems alright.

Hope this helpsConfused:

Continentals on my FL2 wore out in 23k miles easy use and aquaplained badly after 12k miles. Prevous FL had michelins still tread left at 69k when I sold it.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
30-08-2011 06:39pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Griff I was quoted almost the same price but included fitting, valves and balancing by my local Budget tyre centre

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-08-2011 06:42pm
vinda

Saw a lorry of evoque today. The 20's on there had continentals
30-08-2011 06:50pm
BFGEvoqueMan

I stand corrected, but the good news is that people are ordering the 20" options which IMHO are the wheels the car deserves.Very HappyVery Happy

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
31-08-2011 10:45am
cutter7

My dealer has confirmed today that the 20" Decal Silver Finish Style 6 wheels that i have ordered, will be delivered with Pirelli Tyres (065AB).

02-09-2011 12:42pm
Token

I'm getting the Style 7 Wheels (20") on my Dynamic Coupe and the spec sheet states that it is going to have Continentals.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2011 03:52pm by XFullFatTim.)
02-09-2011 03:10pm