Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trip computer problem
3V0QU3

Trip computer problem

Not sure if this is a problem or just me. The button on the left stick cycles through various things like amount of fuels left, average mpg etc. wvery now and then it stops responding completely or for several seconds, but if i click the OK button the arrow left on the right hand side of the steering wheel the button works again, for a few clicks anyhow. Not really that bothered by it as i wil rarely use it and can work around it, but wondered if it is a common issue or just mine. I will get the dealer to look at it when it goes for a service but it would be good to know if anyone else has noticed this.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige Lux + AD + Black Roof Lining + Heated Steering Wheel
Arrived 27/03/12
Very Happy
08-04-2012 07:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

RE: Trip computer problem

(08-04-2012 07:45pm)3V0QU3 Wrote:  Not sure if this is a problem or just me. The button on the left stick cycles through various things like amount of fuels left, average mpg etc. wvery now and then it stops responding completely or for several seconds, but if i click the OK button the arrow left on the right hand side of the steering wheel the button works again, for a few clicks anyhow. Not really that bothered by it as i wil rarely use it and can work around it, but wondered if it is a common issue or just mine. I will get the dealer to look at it when it goes for a service but it would be good to know if anyone else has noticed this.

Mine works OK, but you do get a (seemingly pointless) blank screen as one of the 'displays'. The left side of the button on the right hand of the wheel is returning you out of whatever setting you've got in the menu. You won't get the display you are referring to if you are 'in' the menu.
08-04-2012 09:13pm
3V0QU3

Trip computer problem

The menu controls on the right hand side of the wheel just seem to wake the computer up so that the stalk button on the left works again.
I get the blank screen as well, guess people might just want less info on the screen.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige Lux + AD + Black Roof Lining + Heated Steering Wheel
Arrived 27/03/12
Very Happy
09-04-2012 08:45am
Donny Dog

RE: Trip computer problem

(09-04-2012 08:45am)3V0QU3 Wrote:  The menu controls on the right hand side of the wheel just seem to wake the computer up so that the stalk button on the left works again.
I get the blank screen as well, guess people might just want less info on the screen.

The blank screen just delays you getting through the options, and it's hard to believe that anyone would object to having tiny 'total miles' digits or similar on display if they didn't want to see anything else. If they don't like 'busy' screens they'll have to stick bits of paper over quite a few of the displays as there's quite a lot to look at!
09-04-2012 09:13am