Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tracker & Insurance!
mark_n

RE: Tracker & Insurance!

I'm paying something like £210 with Admiral, no tracker required.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
12-12-2011 07:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
woodhouse

I have this Self contained tracker £195 no monthly fees, installation cost or contract. If they are just asking for a tracker and not specifying a make it could be worth a look. My insurance is with Privilege, they did not require a tracker but I have it for my own peace of mind (and to check up on the wife's shopping habits) I have it behind the little door at the left of the boot next to the fuses, it has a magnetic base so it just clamps on.
12-12-2011 07:51pm
caroline11000

.................having a tracker fitted now! Looked back through the info I put into compare the market and I had declared that the car had no tracker as I originally thought!
When I spoke to LV they were quite happy to give me a refund (less the days that I had been insured) because they couldn't insure the car for theft without a tracker!
So I decided to go to the buy section of the next insurer on the list being Nationwide........ still no mention that I needed a tracker, so I decided to call them to confirm and they too said I needed a tracker and their insurance is through LV!
There was one company listed who didn't require a tracker if the car was under 40k but I hadn't heard of them so decided to get the bloody tracker fitted!

(12-12-2011 04:26pm)peet Wrote:  Hi Caroline. I dont have my Evoque yet but I did talk to my insurers LV and received a quote from them which was extremely competitive. I asked if a tracker was required and was told catagorically that it was not. Might be worth giving them a go.
LV is the company I'm with and they insist on a tracker!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2011 09:36pm by caroline11000.)
12-12-2011 09:32pm
Grah

Caroline it may just be the risk they attribute to your location and where the car will be kept.

You may just be in a higher risk area, particularly if all the insurers give you the same story.
12-12-2011 10:39pm
caroline11000

(12-12-2011 10:39pm)Grah Wrote:  Caroline it may just be the risk they attribute to your location and where the car will be kept.

You may just be in a higher risk area, particularly if all the insurers give you the same story.
I didn't think so, but who knows!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
12-12-2011 10:46pm
Grah

Best quotes I had were from Land Rover and NFU - for market town/rural area - might be worth it to try them.
13-12-2011 12:02am
DDX

Tracker & Insurance!

Caroline, Try directline. Theyre not on comparison sites and didnt require a tracker when i put a quote in through them. If they dothen they usuaully ask if the car has one fitted but when running a quote they didnt even ask the question.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
13-12-2011 06:51am
peet

Thanks for the information Caroline, Ill check it out again with LV.

Mauritius Blue 5 door Prestige +LUX. Manual SD4. Ambiance interior - Spare
Took Delivery: 23/03/12
Bike: Honda ST1300 Pan European
13-12-2011 08:42am
Martynk

I decided to get a tracker fitted direct by Tracker themselves, cost a lot less and they went to the garage and fitted it for me prior to pickup, LR garage were quite happy with that. Hassle them over price, they will discount.
13-12-2011 09:28am
Kentboy

I was caught exactly the same with both M&S and Privilege with my last vehicle which was a RRS. I signed up on line through a comparison site and on both occasions nothing was said but after several days the policy arrive only to find that I had been uninsured for theft during that period. I fitted a Tracker and my RRS was stolen at 2 year and 10 months. The theives ripped the inside out trying to find the tracker but didn't. The car was found within an hour of turning on the tracker but it was never the same after. I had Gap insurance which would have given me a brand new car had it not been found. This time I will insure with a company that doesn't need a Tracker and just buy GAP insurance.
(13-12-2011 09:28am)Martynk Wrote:  I decided to get a tracker fitted direct by Tracker themselves, cost a lot less and they went to the garage and fitted it for me prior to pickup, LR garage were quite happy with that. Hassle them over price, they will discount.

I believe this is the best way as I paid the dealer for lifetime Tracker when I purchased my previous vehicle only to find the day it was stolen that the dealer had not passed my subscription to Tracker so they wouldn't turn the tracker on to enable the car to be located!! I always wondered how you know if it works or not.

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2012 02:01pm by Kentboy.)
17-04-2012 01:57pm