Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Towball 'noseweight'
Rockyrobin

Towball 'noseweight'

Hi
Can anyone please tell me what the 'noseweight' is on the Evoque towball for towing a caravan. (We have an Evoque on order so can't look in the manual for details!)
Thanks
28-11-2011 11:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Towball 'noseweight'

(28-11-2011 11:31am)Rockyrobin Wrote:  Hi
Can anyone please tell me what the 'noseweight' is on the Evoque towball for towing a caravan. (We have an Evoque on order so can't look in the manual for details!)
Thanks

The e handbook that is on the topix website says 150kg (same as my last FL2), which is also what it says on the fitting instructions for the LR supplied towbar. Note, if you are thinking about a deatchable Witter towbar, it is only rated at 75 kg, but can pull 1900kg, whereas LR only allow a max pull of 1800kg. This may work for you if you have a light caravan (ideal ratio is 7% of total weight), and the Witter bar appears to require much less cutting and is more discreet. Sadly as my caravan is 1590kg empty I will be maxing the 1800kg limit when it is loaded, so need to make use of the 150kg (noseweight about 125kg) I have ordered a LR bar at the moment, but may change to a Bosal once the prices are announced in Jan as I prefer the locking mechanism.

Trust this helpsVery Happy

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
28-11-2011 12:07pm
Rockyrobin

(28-11-2011 12:07pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  The e handbook that is on the topix website says 150kg (same as my last FL2), which is also what it says on the fitting instructions for the LR supplied towbar. Note, if you are thinking about a deatchable Witter towbar, it is only rated at 75 kg, but can pull 1900kg, whereas LR only allow a max pull of 1800kg. This may work for you if you have a light caravan (ideal ratio is 7% of total weight), and the Witter bar appears to require much less cutting and is more discreet. Sadly as my caravan is 1590kg empty I will be maxing the 1800kg limit when it is loaded, so need to make use of the 150kg (noseweight about 125kg) I have ordered a LR bar at the moment, but may change to a Bosal once the prices are announced in Jan as I prefer the locking mechanism.

Trust this helpsVery Happy

Thanks for the info - just what I wanted to know! We have ordered a LR towbar as wasn't keen on the detachable one, although I am now interested in the Bosal one. We don't take delivery till around March time, so plenty of time to decide. Thanks again.
28-11-2011 01:57pm
mark_n

You'll know that your nose weight is too high when the front wheels lift off and the steering doesn't work any more...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
30-11-2011 07:18am