Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are Coupes getting more popular?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yesterday in the Stirling area I saw 8 Evoques, only one was a 5 Door the rest were Coupes. At the time I was in my Defender. Interesting that most of the drivers were not exactly in the age profile that LR was aiming the Evoque at too - blue rinse ladies who lunch! Colours........ Well only 1 White, A Dynamic, a couple of Frenze Reds, a couple of Mauritius Blue, 3 Colima's, all Pures and one OG Prestige. 4 of the cars were parked in the Dobbies garden centre car park in a line, so I parked my Defender next to them.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-05-2013 01:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EpicEvo

I have a coupe so I normally get excited to see another. In my 4 months ownership I would say I have only seen about 10. And about 200 4 doors... I'm a truck driver so I'm in the road alot

Coupes are rare!
07-05-2013 09:14pm
speary

RE: Are Coupes getting more popular?

They have always been popular with us owners who have great taste and a sense of style Very Happy
5 door owners, only joking LaughingLaughing

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
08-05-2013 08:16am
jitenc

Thought the coupes were only for people with a wide waist-hip ratio and needed a wider door to get through the door..Smile.. Course the coupes are getting popular.... Read the article below....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...nnest.html

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2013 06:56am by jitenc.)
09-05-2013 12:25am
cjfp

(09-05-2013 12:25am)jitenc Wrote:  Thought the coupes were only for people with a wide waist-hip ratio and needed a wider door to get thought the door..Smile.. Course the coupes are getting popular.... Read the article below....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...nnest.html

Boy, with that response i oughta come get you and teach you a leson. Now, if only i can get my @rse off this sofa !! Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
09-05-2013 04:47am
jitenc

(09-05-2013 04:47am)cjfp Wrote:  Boy, with that response i oughta come get you and teach you a leson. Now, if only i can get my @rse off this sofa !! Laughing

Ah.. If only the Evoque can accommodate a winch and a towline, I could come to ya and help you up... Smile.
Ps... If any consolation not to offend anyone, I have noticed, that my belt now sags around the beer belly area Sad

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
09-05-2013 07:04am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You need one of those Nissan Jukes for that, according to the ads I've recently seen on TV they have to be winched everywhere on a Fluro blue winch line!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2013 09:24am by XFullFatTim.)
09-05-2013 09:23am
BA74

I love my 5 door but have already decided that when my lease ends I'm going the coupe Dynamic.
Have no regrets with the 5 door but style will win over practicality next time!

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
09-05-2013 11:02am