Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
To take a sneak peek??
RacingSnake

To take a sneak peek??

Its a bit of a rhetorical question, as we were just coming back from costco (past the dealership), and I spot what looks like a similar evoque to my order.

We swing round to have a snoop (dealership is shut), and lo and behold... it is!!!

We're not going to be able to collect until next week, but it was great to see it in the flesh.

I will however admit I was disappointed to see it absolutely covered in dirt and none of the protective plastic on it Sad
I peered through the window and there was non of the plastics of coverings on any of the interior either (except the seats).
Is this right?
Certainly up until it was ready for collection (original date was 11th), I would have expected it to still be protected.

So mixed emotions really, it looked great, but was a little disappointed to see it looking pretty grubby Sad

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
06-04-2012 07:03pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nowaytk

RE: To take a sneak peek??

I managed to get a peak of mine 2 days before handover hoping to see barelo on the car as I had only seen the colour on one of those small plastic samples, only to find it in the workshop covered in so much dust/dirt you could only make out it was black.
Fortunately on handover it was pristine, so don't worry I'm sure when your time finally comes you will like me be joining the stupid grin club

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
06-04-2012 09:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SiT

Mine at 2 days before handover was in similar state with protective plastic etc all over it but it was pristine upon collection. Look forward to collection mate, i love mine it's such a good experience i hope you feel the same with it.
06-04-2012 10:47pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Forget you saw it in that condition as it will only upset you, turn up to collect it next week and go over it with a magnifying glass and a fine toothed comb and then go out and enjoy it!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2012 09:53am by XFullFatTim.)
07-04-2012 01:20am
RacingSnake

Yeah, you're right guys.
I'll take consolation that it looked really nice even when dirty Very Happy

Couple of pics of my baby to keep me going Cool

[Image: evoque_resize.jpg]

[Image: evoque2_resize.jpg]

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
07-04-2012 07:55am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
caroline11000

As already said I'm sure it will be pristine when you collect it, but do have a good look over the car! Enjoy!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
07-04-2012 08:19am
mark_n

They do get dirty on the transporter, especially with the weather as it has been. I'm sure it will be fine.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
07-04-2012 09:48am
Coolbanana

Looks great! Enjoy Smile

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
07-04-2012 09:56am
jorn

Don't forget it's a landrover after all, they're build out of mud Smile
enjoy !!
07-04-2012 10:50am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Beautiful motor mate! Best colour scheme for the Evoque, but I'm a wee bitty biased!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-04-2012 10:52am