Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 1 Average
Think I've decided not to get the Evoque... and get a BMW 3 instead
chiggy

RE: Think I've decided not to get the Evoque... and get a BMW 3 instead

(29-06-2012 08:45am)Andy_A Wrote:  Has the BMW salesman finally left the building?

LaughingLaughingLaughing

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
29-06-2012 08:51am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

(29-06-2012 06:28am)EvoqueNorCal Wrote:  Okay, game over.

Was just reading this thread over at the BMW forums about all the extra cool stuff the 3 can do: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=671526

You can do a Google search right in the navi. It has a 1-hour buffer on satellite radio so you can listen to songs over again. You can see where your car is at all times with an iPhone app that shows its location on a map to find where you parked. You can activate the air conditioning fan from anywhere with the iPhone app so your car will start cooling off before you walk to it (not to mention being able to lock or unlock the car right in the iPhone app)...

3 series wins.

None of which has got anything to do with adding to the driving experience this supposedly keen driver seems to be looking for.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
29-06-2012 09:27am
chiggy

I think he just needs to buy it already!

Its almost like this forum would be the only thing that could convince him that he should not buy a 3 series hybrid.

Mind you I hear the Toyota Prius is also pretty nifty.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
29-06-2012 09:34am
FujiSan

"You can activate the air conditioning fan from anywhere with the iPhone app so your car will start cooling off before you walk to it"

That's an impressive air con system that can cool the car without the engine running!

How exactly does it power the cooling compressor? Or does it use some other trickery?

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
29-06-2012 09:48am
doug

(29-06-2012 09:48am)FujiSan Wrote:  "You can activate the air conditioning fan from anywhere with the iPhone app so your car will start cooling off before you walk to it"

That's an impressive air con system that can cool the car without the engine running!

How exactly does it power the cooling compressor? Or does it use some other trickery?

Your correct, the compressor for the air unit is belt driven off the engine. My guess is just switches on the fan motor. I have no plans on reading up on BMW to find out the answer Smile

So fair i have kept mouth shut on this thread, but my penny's worth is you can't compare the Evoque with a 3 series BMW, The two are completely different. X3 or dare I say it a X1 you could compare, you might want to go & see your doctor if you've conserded the X1 Laughing

I wish EvoqueNorCal the best of luck with his choice.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
29-06-2012 12:56pm
IKM

(29-06-2012 08:45am)Andy_A Wrote:  Has the BMW salesman finally left the building?
Hope so. Need to keep discouraging the salesmen. There was also a Volvo salesman trying to sell us the 'benefits' of XC60s last week.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
29-06-2012 03:04pm
ojonesyo

i have to agree with other postings....this thread was so damn boring. I have had my Havana/Tan evoque for two glorious days and I am so pleased with it. Yes, it is important to consider model, equipment, etc and ....yes, everyone should consider the best deals, etc. but all that chat about residuals, invoice price, leasing, etc, etc, is just so dull and uninteresting to me. My car is there to be used and enjoyed, not a topic for after dinner conversations about stats, residuals etc. Now......back to the garage for me!

SD4 Prestige Lux 5 door auto, Havana/Tan, Style 7 alloys, tow kit, spare wheel, high-beam assist, etc ..Arrived June 2012
29-06-2012 07:57pm
Evo-king

(29-06-2012 03:04pm)IKM Wrote:  Hope so. Need to keep discouraging the salesmen. There was also a Volvo salesman trying to sell us the 'benefits' of XC60s last week.

Yes, but at least the XC60 shares some of the Evoques components, in a way it's its ugly cousin.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
29-06-2012 08:48pm
The Valeter

When we ordered/bought our Evoque we loved the look of it in all aspects that nothing else mattered. It wouldn't have made any difference if there was a BMW/ Audi or anything that offered either more equipment, better fuel ecconomy/ a ot cheaper or whatever it was simply the Evoque or nothing as I had no intention of buying any new car at the time.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
29-06-2012 09:50pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jonathon555

Bmw 3 series is an awsome car , i could not wait to get rid of my E90 from the day it was delivered.

It was a good drivers car that never did what it said on the tin, it produced 20% less bhp that it was meant too. The service from Bmw was terrible they said it was within spec.

I know the Bmw would drive well if you got a good one , but i chose evoque this time over a 5 series.

Bmw's are far too common over here

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
29-06-2012 10:25pm