Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I think keyless ignitions may be about to change!
PhilSkill

I think keyless ignitions may be about to change!

10 of the worlds biggest car makers sued in US, although LR are not specifically mentioned I feel this will likely affect them, and certainly Renault (also not mentioned) from previous experience!

Seems to affect cars that can be left to run when the driver and keyfob are no longer present.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/10-of...spartandhp

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-08-2015 09:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: I think keyless ignitions may be about to change!

I'm not going to kick up a rant about the US compensation culture... but really???
"According to the complaint filed in Los Angeles federal court, carbon monoxide is emitted when drivers leave their vehicles running after taking their electronic key fobs with them, under the mistaken belief that the engines will shut off."

ffs Rolling Eyes
I bet that actually was not the belief at all.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
27-08-2015 10:03pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Interesting that the case has been brought by the biggest maker of gas detection equipment and self contained breathing apparatus in the world too - Draeger............... They also don't mention that other stealth killer the Park Heat systems fitted to many cars, that is a remote start fuel burner that also emits CO. Unlike Europe, many cars sold in the States are also available with remote start systems so you can start your car without you actually being there so you can fill your garage with CO before you even get out to the car.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2015 10:15am by XFullFatTim.)
27-08-2015 10:43pm
mark_n

Reminds me of the complaint Ford brought against Ferrari after they introduced a race car called the F-150 which clashed with a Ford pickup truck of the same name.

The complaint claimed that Ferrari were trying to take advantage of the Ford reputation for technological leadership and product quality by using the same name. Of course.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
31-08-2015 04:24am