Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this!
berlin2011

RE: The luxury (premium) car mat con? Did you get what you paid for?

(21-12-2011 08:48pm)WB Wrote:  Berlin, can you please post a link to te parts catalogue?

I created a thread with the details a while back http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Parts-Catalogue

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
21-12-2011 08:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(21-12-2011 08:52pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  I created a thread with the details a while back http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Parts-Catalogue

Thanks very much! Been a while and I'd forgotten about that!!
21-12-2011 08:55pm
ytshome

Hi everyone, I've just had a message from Nick at Landrover which I've copied below as it isn't of a sensitive nature. I'm not sure if people think that it helps at all but clearly I have asked the dealer and LR what difference there is between the Dynamic and Prestige models mats, which hasn't been answered and why Prestige cars come as standard with "Premium" mats and Dynamic can be upgraded to these for an additional £80 when the Premium mats listed on the LR site aren't the ones we have received. See what you think....

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your patience while I have gained further information about the mats supplied with your Evoque vehicle.

I have spoken with xxxx xxxx, Dealer Principle at Stratstone xxxxx and I have been advised that the mats provided in your vehicle were correct. xxxx explained that the Pure option does not come with mats as standard however the Prestige and Dynamic derivatives come with mats fitted.

There are alternatives mats available to purchase as an accessory and these are different to the mats provided from the factory with vehicle orders.

I hope that this information helps you at this time. I am out of the office until 3rd January however if you have any additional questions please let me know and I will reply on my return to the office.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
22-12-2011 07:26pm
LDT

No further relevant information has been provided in my view. If Nick does read this on her return to work in the New Year, perhaps she could clarify further?

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
22-12-2011 07:50pm
ytshome

(22-12-2011 07:50pm)LDT Wrote:  No further relevant information has been provided in my view. If Nick does read this on her return to work in the New Year, perhaps she could clarify further?

I have already PM'd Nick with all of the info and suggested that the thread needed reading but Im afraid as it stands the official side are only answering the questions that they had hoped we'd asked, rather than the ones we did.

I was also disappointed that the reply came through at 4 minutes to 5pm today and as she is away from 5pm today this leaves little room for resolution.

22-12-2011 09:23pm
PhilSkill

Ok... so picked my car back up (lovely job! Phew Smile ) And enquired again about the mats issue, my sales girl wasn't in so got another girl in the sales office, initially she thought the Dynamic didn't come with mats and the £66.67+vat was to have mats from the factory, and said the "Premium" mats they sell at £145 were special dealer fit mats only, but on producing the sales documentation of course their documentation clearly states "Carpet Mats with Edging" standard, "Premium Carpet mats with Edging" Option £66.67". She didn't want to start searching for my file to determine what had been supplied, so says she'll investigate on 29th when they're a bit quieter.

I think the dealers are just not aware of what options are available or what to enter on Topix as my Topix order is the "Throw in carpet mats" whatever that means, like it has been put on the system with the wrong mats and because it came with mats that's job done.

Let's see what comes back from my dealer on the 29th... I'd be happy to have the £80 back and keep the mats I have!

Happy Christmas Everybody!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 23-12-2011 11:07am by PhilSkill.)
23-12-2011 11:06am
WB
WB

(22-12-2011 07:26pm)ytshome Wrote:  Hi everyone, I've just had a message from Nick at Landrover which I've copied below as it isn't of a sensitive nature. I'm not sure if people think that it helps at all but clearly I have asked the dealer and LR what difference there is between the Dynamic and Prestige models mats, which hasn't been answered and why Prestige cars come as standard with "Premium" mats and Dynamic can be upgraded to these for an additional £80 when the Premium mats listed on the LR site aren't the ones we have received. See what you think....

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your patience while I have gained further information about the mats supplied with your Evoque vehicle.

I have spoken with xxxx xxxx, Dealer Principle at Stratstone xxxxx and I have been advised that the mats provided in your vehicle were correct. xxxx explained that the Pure option does not come with mats as standard however the Prestige and Dynamic derivatives come with mats fitted.

There are alternatives mats available to purchase as an accessory and these are different to the mats provided from the factory with vehicle orders.

I hope that this information helps you at this time. I am out of the office until 3rd January however if you have any additional questions please let me know and I will reply on my return to the office.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Typica... no real answer, no new information response from Nick... we all know the dealer thinks they are the right mats but we all know the dealers aren't exactly well informed...
23-12-2011 12:58pm
ytshome

(23-12-2011 11:06am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Ok... so picked my car back up (lovely job! Phew Smile ) And enquired again about the mats issue, my sales girl wasn't in so got another girl in the sales office, initially she thought the Dynamic didn't come with mats and the £66.67+vat was to have mats from the factory, and said the "Premium" mats they sell at £145 were special dealer fit mats only, but on producing the sales documentation of course their documentation clearly states "Carpet Mats with Edging" standard, "Premium Carpet mats with Edging" Option £66.67". She didn't want to start searching for my file to determine what had been supplied, so says she'll investigate on 29th when they're a bit quieter.

I think the dealers are just not aware of what options are available or what to enter on Topix as my Topix order is the "Throw in carpet mats" whatever that means, like it has been put on the system with the wrong mats and because it came with mats that's job done.

Let's see what comes back from my dealer on the 29th... I'd be happy to have the £80 back and keep the mats I have!

Happy Christmas Everybody!

Hi Phil, I've asked and asked what difference there is between Prestige and Dynamic mats and I honestly have never had the question answered by my dealer or Nick (LR). They will only say that the correct ones are fitted. I've looked at a Dynamic in a local showroom and the standard mats are the same ones that I've got in my Prestige.

Mine too said on the packet "throw in mat", not "Premium" as LR advertise on the UK spec, so I find it hard to believe that they have three qualities of mat (i.e Dynamic standard, Prestige Standard and the accessory only which is called "Premium") If they did have they would have told me what the difference surely?

The other point surely, is if its all true what LR say then why not allow the two top spec cars to have the best mats as an upgrade. Sorry but as victor meldrew would say " I don't believe it"

23-12-2011 03:52pm
PhilSkill

Hi ytshome

I'm now convinced we have the wrong mats just it's being misunderstood by dealers etc so depending what resolution I get on 29th, If it's a fob off, I'm going to compile every bit of info and send it to customer services.

It seems so petty, but I like things to be right, and at least the sales girl realised I wasn't being awkward it's just we agreed everyone's confused what should have been the right options.

The sales girl was good, and I believe she will sort it out, she was quite funny as when the Sales Manager walked past she said "Please feel free to correct me if the Dynamic comes with mats as standard Mr Sales Manager!", he rather sheepishly said "I thought it did, what options are there?" and ran away! really he should have just said I'll get you a set of mats and exchange yours and made the whole situation go away there and then! Now If they do decide I'm right (Which I am of course Laughing ) I have a 100mile round trip for a third time to pickup some mats!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
23-12-2011 06:56pm
gomark

The luxury (premium) car mat con? Did you get what you paid for?

I ordered the premium mats for £69 extra. On collection tris option was removed as I was told that the mats were now standard on the Lux Pack now. Glad the cost was deducted, but they certainly aren't premium mats. Look thinner than I would expect on a standard mat.

23-12-2011 10:08pm