Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this!
ytshome

RE: The luxury (premium) car mat con? Did you get what you paid for?

(21-12-2011 12:13pm)WB Wrote:  Looks like LR may have made a product change as the website now refers to those mats as "Premium" - does anyone have the older ebrochure handy as I think there were pictures of both in there.

(I've done this post based on the above and if its wrong I appologise as it may just be that the writing that is at the bottom of the carpet mats cuts off the metal corners.)

Forgive me for feeling all "Conspiratorial" but why have the standard mats been changed to be called Premium mats when they were previously called "carpet mats with edging". I do appreciate that LR monitor the site and as I said on the forum yesterday I have informed customer services of the issue. Even my own unhelpful dealer accepted that the Prestige "Premium mats" had a deeper pile but now they insist that I've been given the correct items; the one supplied by LR.

Rather than changing the names of the standard items, I had hoped that LR (if it was them at fault) would have simply done the honourable thing and replace with the correct items.

There are still a couple of things that need clarifying.....and if they are reading please do this asap.
1. What are LR now calling the thicker pile mats, which may have been up until today called "Premium" mats and what are all of their other mats called?.
2. What is the difference between the new "Premium mat" that is fitted as standard on the Dynamic and on the Prestige and lets not forget that it costs £80.00 to upgrade to the ones fitted to the Prestige ones.
3. Having recently visited a showroom and confirmed that the Dynamic in the showroom had standard mats, why are they the same as on my Prestige?

Sorry for going on about this and yes I know that its just a very small part of a £40K plus car but its the principle and even more than that the feeling that someone knows the truth and is doing their best to cover it up.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 21-12-2011 04:52pm by ytshome.)
21-12-2011 04:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(21-12-2011 04:19pm)ytshome Wrote:  (I've done this post based on the above and if its wrong I appologise as it may just be that the writing that is at the bottom of the carpet mats cuts off the metal corners.)

Forgive me for feeling all "Conspiratorial" but why have the standard mats been changed to be called Premium mats when they were previously called "carpet mats with edging". I do appreciate that LR monitor the site and as I said on the forum yesterday I have informed customer services of the issue. Even my own unhelpful dealer accepted that the Prestige "Premium mats" had a deeper pile but now they insist that I've been given the correct items; the one supplied by LR.

Rather than changing the names of the standard items, I had hoped that LR (if it was them at fault) would have simply done the honourable thing and replace with the correct items.

There are still a couple of things that need clarifying.....and if they are reading please do this asap.
1. What are LR now calling the thicker pile mats, which were up until today called "Premium" mats
2. What is the difference between the new "Premium mat" that is fitted as standard on the Dynamic and on the Prestige and lets not forget that it costs £80.00 to upgrade to the ones fitted to the Prestige ones.
3. Having recently visited a showroom and confirmed that the Dynamic in the showroom had standard mats, why are they the same as on my Prestige?

Sorry for going on about this and yes I know that its just a very small part of a £40K plus car but its the principle and even more than that the feeling that someone knows the truth and is doing their best to cover it up.

I think you're well within your rights to be annoyed and ultimately anyone who has a prestige or paid for the "upgrade" should get what they paid for or a refund. I suspect the deep pile mats may have been withdrawn as they no longer appear on the LR website. I'll see if I can find a part number on my mats and we can check if they are available to order...
21-12-2011 04:52pm
ytshome

(21-12-2011 04:52pm)WB Wrote:  I think you're well within your rights to be annoyed and ultimately anyone who has a prestige or paid for the "upgrade" should get what they paid for or a refund. I suspect the deep pile mats may have been withdrawn as they no longer appear on the LR website. I'll see if I can find a part number on my mats and we can check if they are available to order...

I appreciate that. Personally I can't make my mind up if the the oblong block, which contains the write up on the LR website actually obscures the metal corner, or whether its the standard mat with edging? It was still showing the correct mats on the Evoque eBrochue this afternoon.

21-12-2011 04:56pm
mark_n

This is what my dealer is saying:

The Dynamic actually comes standard with 'carpet mats with edging'. The prestige comes standard with 'premium carpet mats with edging'. Your mats will have been upgraded to the same as the prestige ones. Landrover order number for your car’s standard mats is 079AJ. The upgrade mats are 079CA which are the one’s supplied with the car. As per your factory order.

Hope this clarifies for you.

Regards

Does this make sense to anyone?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
21-12-2011 05:31pm
WB
WB

(21-12-2011 05:31pm)mark_n Wrote:  This is what my dealer is saying:

The Dynamic actually comes standard with 'carpet mats with edging'. The prestige comes standard with 'premium carpet mats with edging'. Your mats will have been upgraded to the same as the prestige ones. Landrover order number for your car’s standard mats is 079AJ. The upgrade mats are 079CA which are the one’s supplied with the car. As per your factory order.

Hope this clarifies for you.

Regards

Does this make sense to anyone?

Sounds like a bit of a f*b off to me. Perhaps you should ask him for the part number for the 'carpet mats with edging' and the 'premium carpet mats with edging' as thats probably the best way to verify if you have the right mats... assuming the part number is on the mats somewhere that is.
21-12-2011 05:43pm
cjfp

From price list -
Carpet Mats with edging 079AJ - Optional on Pure (£105), Std on Dynamic
Premium Carpet Mats with edging 079CA - Std on Prestige, Option on Dynamic (£80)

{Gross of VAT}

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
21-12-2011 05:50pm
WB
WB

(21-12-2011 04:56pm)ytshome Wrote:  I appreciate that. Personally I can't make my mind up if the the oblong block, which contains the write up on the LR website actually obscures the metal corner, or whether its the standard mat with edging? It was still showing the correct mats on the Evoque eBrochue this afternoon.

I'll try to get a better picture of my mats but the carpet of the two look completely different to me. The ones I have are probably 2cm thick and more of a shag pile construction than the typical car mat carpets.
21-12-2011 05:51pm
ytshome

(21-12-2011 05:51pm)WB Wrote:  I'll try to get a better picture of my mats but the carpet of the two look completely different to me. The ones I have are probably 2cm thick and more of a shag pile construction than the typical car mat carpets.

Hi, Sounds like you have a deep pile carpet but does it have the metal corner which is the "Premium mat". The one that I have I'd guess are half the thickness of yours and you could never call them shag pile. It would be nice if LR can just come clean and tell us exactly what we should have had on all the models.
(21-12-2011 05:50pm)cjfp Wrote:  From price list -
Carpet Mats with edging 079AJ - Optional on Pure (£105), Std on Dynamic
Premium Carpet Mats with edging 079CA - Std on Prestige, Option on Dynamic (£80)

{Gross of VAT}

Thanks cjfp, Just to make life difficult for all of us my mats had none of these codes on the ones supplied in a sealed plastic bag. The sticker on the mats stated "BJ3M-130A22-DB8 PVJ throw in mat - L538 - Ebony Part Number 300269-703. I even asked my dealer to check what other ones in stock had on the packet and he has failed to answer this point in over a month now. To make it even more complicated he told me that LR and the dealers themselves used different codes.

(This post was last modified: 21-12-2011 07:20pm by ytshome.)
21-12-2011 07:13pm
berlin2011

Dug a little more - went to the parts catalogue... section 501-05/05 deals with the floor trim and lists two types of mats, normal and leather edged (part numbers LR024379 through LR024394 - representing the different colour schemes and LHD vs RHD variants) with the colour options for the normal mats being ebony, almond espresso and cirrus lunar i.e. intended for the pure and the colour schemes for the leather edged mats being ebony, ivory espresso with ivory edge, ivory espresso with tan edge, cirrus lunar and dark cherry ivory so clearly intended for the Prestige (remember the Dynamic was supposed to have the rubber mats as standard)

The catalogue then also lists under section 100-08/05 (section 100 being the accessories) carpet mats which we have now established are the deep pile premium ones with the VPLVS009xxxxx part numbers in espresso, lunar and ebony as well as rubber.

So it would seem that the mats we all got (leather edged) are the 'standard' parts on the Prestige and the deep pile ones are really a separate accessory.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 21-12-2011 08:38pm by berlin2011.)
21-12-2011 08:37pm
WB
WB

(21-12-2011 07:13pm)ytshome Wrote:  Hi, Sounds like you have a deep pile carpet but does it have the metal corner which is the "Premium mat". The one that I have I'd guess are half the thickness of yours and you could never call them shag pile. It would be nice if LR can just come clean and tell us exactly what we should have had on all the models.

Yes take a look at the first photo in post 48 - I have metal triangle corners on both corners.

Berlin, can you please post a link to te parts catalogue?

Thanks
WB
(This post was last modified: 21-12-2011 08:50pm by WB.)
21-12-2011 08:48pm