Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this!
ytshome

The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this!

Hi everyone, I'm after some advice on car mats. I have the SD4 Prestige, which comes as standard with the top of the range car mats and from new we also bought and have used since then the rubber ones as it gets dirty at the farm where we have our horse stabled.

The thing is that we are off to Gleneagles in the morning so the cars been washed, polished and hoovered and the premium mats put into replace the rubber ones but I was a little under-whelmed given that they are apparently the best ones and wondered if anyone out there knows whether I've been given the right ones. The sticker on the mats states "BJ3M-130A22-DB8 PVJ throw in mar - L538 - Ebony Part Number 300269-703. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. YT

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 24-12-2011 12:46am by ytshome.)
13-11-2011 08:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
forest172

RE: Luxury car mats

See my post, and problem solved for peanuts.

Evoque PURE sd4 auto
Disco 4 GS gone
Toy 1 - Focus RS mk2
Toy 2 - Evo Xrs in the garage as my avatar
13-11-2011 09:12pm
cjfp

Not really sure this helps, but from LR website

Premium Carpet Mat Set
Deep pile carpet with waterproof backing.
Ebony – Part No: VPLVS0094PVJ
Espresso - Part No: VPLVS0094AAM
Lunar – Part No: VPLVS0094LAA

Rubber Mat Set
Part No: VPLVS0123PVJ

Also, when I got original spec to build, there was a "Carpet Mats With Edging (079AJ)" which was optional on Pure and standard on Dynamic, and a "Premium Carpet Mat with Edging (079CA)" which was an upgrade for the Dynamic and standard on Prestige. However, that was in April and things may have changed

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-11-2011 09:17pm
ytshome

(13-11-2011 09:12pm)forest172 Wrote:  See my post, and problem solved for peanuts.

Thanks forest

13-11-2011 09:25pm
dandavis1

(13-11-2011 09:12pm)forest172 Wrote:  See my post, and problem solved for peanuts.

Which post?
13-11-2011 09:34pm
cjfp

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Rubber-mat-set

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-11-2011 09:40pm
ytshome

(13-11-2011 09:40pm)cjfp Wrote:  http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Rubber-mat-set

If I have got the correct mats, then it seems to me that LandRover's pricing is rude in the extreme. Yes there is a nice Evoque sign in alluminium but other than that they dont seem any more luxurious than a £15.00 set of costco specials, infact probably not much more than half the thickness of the costco set.

13-11-2011 10:22pm
Iain S

I seem to have ended up with two different types of carpet mat sets in each of our Evoques. The set in the Dynamic Coupe are the usual standard fairly thin mats you seem to get in all cars these days. They have the border edging and the metal Evoque badge and are a uniform dark grey/black that matches the rest of the interior carpet.

On my Dynamic Plus 5 door I received a set of much deeper pile mats that feel vastly better quality and are more of salt and pepper look in terms of slightly different colours within the pile. They also have the border edging and metal Evoque badges. I've replaced both sets with the rubber mats for winter but will try and dig them out at some point and take a pic.

Arrived: Dynamic Si4 Coupe Firenze Red/Narvik Black
Arrived: Dynamic Plus Sd4 5 Door Fuji White
14-11-2011 09:56am
ytshome

RE: Luxury car mats Prestige owners help pse

(14-11-2011 09:56am)Iain S Wrote:  I seem to have ended up with two different types of carpet mat sets in each of our Evoques. The set in the Dynamic Coupe are the usual standard fairly thin mats you seem to get in all cars these days. They have the border edging and the metal Evoque badge and are a uniform dark grey/black that matches the rest of the interior carpet.

On my Dynamic Plus 5 door I received a set of much deeper pile mats that feel vastly better quality and are more of salt and pepper look in terms of slightly different colours within the pile. They also have the border edging and metal Evoque badges. I've replaced both sets with the rubber mats for winter but will try and dig them out at some point and take a pic.

I really appreciate that. It sounds like I have been given the thinner set. You certainly couldn't call them deep pile carpets. I just wonder if any prestige owners could comment on theirs. Thanks again YT

(This post was last modified: 15-11-2011 10:14am by ytshome.)
14-11-2011 11:17pm
berlin2011

YT, you ever solve this mystery? Would b great to have a picture of the two types side by side.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
16-12-2011 08:46pm