Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The luxury (premium) car mat con? Don't upgrade mats until you've read this!
ytshome

RE: Luxury car mats

(16-12-2011 08:46pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  YT, you ever solve this mystery? Would b great to have a picture of the two types side by side.

Im afraid not. To be honest I've all but given up with the dealer. They did make a half hearted effort after LR Customer Services put a rocket underneath them but alas it came to nothing more than a poor quality photograph from the dealer that you just couldnt make out. I still can't get my head arounfd the fact that I gave them all of the codes that were on the sealed plastics that I removed from the mats and they still couldn't tell me if I had the wrong ones or not.

Eventually I found one listed on Ebay (Ref) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170734571387?s...1438.l2649 from LR dealer Town and Country so I emailed this link to my dealer (Stratstone) and even asked town and country to tell me if they were the Prestige mats and guess what; neither replied!

Thanks for thinking and if I do ever get to the bottom of it I'll let you know.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2011 10:52pm by ytshome.)
16-12-2011 10:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IKM

Well I collected my Prestige from Town & County, Aberdeen today so I'll check my mats tomorrow and let you know as now I'm curious.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
16-12-2011 10:34pm
ytshome

(16-12-2011 10:34pm)IKM Wrote:  Well I collected my Prestige from Town & County, Aberdeen today so I'll check my mats tomorrow and let you know as now I'm curious.

Cheers, I appreciate that. Enjoy your motor. Its lovely!

16-12-2011 10:53pm
PhilSkill

I'd be interested too, as I paid "extra" for Premium mats on my Dynamic and don't think much of them over a standard set of mats, Anyone got pics of standard Dynamic mats?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-12-2011 12:26am
IKM

Folks, checked my mats this morning and they are definitely very basic. They are NOT the same as advertised by my dealer on ebay! Looks like an email to T&C 'expressing' my disappointment on its way.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
17-12-2011 12:53pm
Deeside

Hi Folks,

Looking at the latest Dec Price list, in accessories, the carpet mats come in three different weights. 510gm; 800gm;and 2050gm.

The thin mats are 510gm £96, Middle weight 800gm £108 If you want the really thick ones 2050gm (as advertised on e-bay by T&C ),looks like the only way to get them is off the accessories list at £144.

I'm guessing that the mats listed as standard for the Prestige and Dynamic , Premium Carpet Mats with Edging, are the middle weight ones at 800gms.

I have a Prestige with the Couture interior on order, and that comes with Cherry carpets and Cherry Premium Mats with Edging. They only list in the accessories the Cherry colour mat at the 800gm weight, so I guess that is the weight of the Premium mat as fitted as standard.

Deeside

Delivered 13th April; SD4 Prestige Manual, OG, Couture Interior ( Dark Cherry / Ivory), Pan Roof, Auto Tailgate, Adaptive Xenons, Dipping Int Mirror, Spare Wheel, Pureguard, and a few other items.
17-12-2011 02:33pm
mark_n

OK, we need to get to the bottom of this, the concern being that some of us with Dynamics have paid for the Premium mat options and got the base option. It seems that the Prestige comes with the premium mats as standard, on the Dynamic they are an £80 option. Difficult to see how that ties in with the 3 mat options in the price list.

I've removed mine to replace with rubber mats for the winter and have just weighed the driver's mat, 450g. This, supposedly is the Premium mat option.

For those of you interested, can you remove your driver's mat and weigh it on your kitchen scales and post here where you are Pure/Prestige/Dynamic, whether you selected the Premium mats option and how much your driver's mat weighs.

So mine is Dynamic/Premium Mats/450g

We can then hopefully relate the mats which came with our cars to the accessories price list. I think the mats are very poor value for the £80 (plus whatever the base ones cost) even if they do have nice Evoque badges (oh, and before we get the same post again, yes I know you can get mats at Costco but that's not the point).

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 17-12-2011 03:15pm by mark_n.)
17-12-2011 03:14pm
ytshome

I hadn't realised that there were three different weights of mats but surely if LR are calling the Prestige mats their Luxury deep pile ones you'd expect them to be their best ones or do they have another set called their "Even More Luxurious and considerably weightier and Deeper pile than the deep pile mats, mats".

It just seems crazy to me that LR and all of the dealers so far can't tell us and no where are there comparable pictures. The mats that I have are certainly not high quality (premium) deep pile mats. You genuinely would want to pay more than twenty quid from Ebay. I had the Jag XF 3.0d S Portfolio, which I bought new this time last year and which had the luxury deep pile mats and they were the real business. Much, much higher quality items.

In any event I can't possibly imagine how anyone could justify paying £80.00 for them to upgrade from the Dynamic mats unless they hadn't seen them first. You definitely wouldn't waste your money if you had.

17-12-2011 03:54pm
Mikimoto

Hi,

Probably the weight is per unit (density), so if it's in grams it must be gr/m2

Merry Chistmas everyone!
18-12-2011 12:12am
PhilSkill

I was dropping my Evoque off at the dealer for it's respray work this morning, so took a look at the mats in the showroom cars.

The Prestige had the same mats that I have in my Dynamic, a bit thin, with a silver "EVOQUE" block sideways toward the outer edge of the mat, and the edging matched the cirrus interior colour, Mine being black anyway.

Then they had a Pure Coupe there which when I looked at that the Mats were much thicker Pile, such that you could poke your finger into the carpet pile a good few mm, these also had an aluminium triangle on the outer corner nearest the seats.

When I looked at the spec of the car I saw under options... Pure with "Premium Carpet Mats" !!!!

I left a note for my sales girl saying I'd paid for the Premium but had standard fitted, of course they were all in a sales meeting, and I couldn't hang about, but my car's there with them so its easy for them to checkout, so we'll see what happens when I go back to pickup my Evoque, probably Wednesday!

Now I have 2 days in a Freelander 2... more news on that comparison later... ! But I want my Evoque back!!! Big Cry

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
19-12-2011 03:14pm