Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Shard
Nowaytk

The Shard

Hi, just trying to get some information, has anyone been to the viewing area ? If so, as you have to book a time, is there then a time limit you can stay or is it when you get bored? Only reason I ask is, I'm trying to book the viewing area for my father, but afterwards going down to one of the resturants for a meal. That's my next dilemma, as I'm trying to arrange it for the end of dec, I don't know weather to book for the evening when it'll be dark and dinner, or midday'ish for daylight and lunch.? Has anyone any thoughts on what's the best time for the view ?
Any help on this will be much appreciated.
Many thanks Terry...

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
02-11-2014 01:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jitenc

RE: The Shard

You won't get bored up the Shard. It's magnificent at daytime providing the weather holds. It's excellent at night provided its a clear sky. Not sure for December as it's quite cloudy.
We went up there during Midday. I was there last Christmas time and it was better than the London Eye in my opinion.
I haven't been to the restaurant yet as we had booked a River Thames dinner dance cruise later.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
02-11-2014 02:47pm
Nowaytk

Thanks for that Jitenc, I did think about the river cruise but as he's not as mobile as he once was, thought I'd try and keep everything in one place. ( although I do like the sound of the river cruise ) As you pointed out, being late dec there's agood chance of a lot of cloud cover so might be better in the evening with dinner, for the light show Thumbs Up

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
02-11-2014 02:58pm
PhilSkill

I went there this year, had lunch booked in the restaurant and 2 hours later was booked to go up the View, you can stay as long as you want, it was changeable when I was there, made it exciting seeing a storm come in, there's covered areas and an open bit at the top. nice day out.

Note the view and restaurants are in different lifts up, so you go back to ground and walk round.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-11-2014 03:29pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

When I was at Temple on Wednesday this week the cloud base was so low that I doubt whether you would have seen anything except the inside of the clouds! I have also been on several flights into City Airport when we have had to take a circuit round the Shard due to something on the ground - you get a pretty good view INTO the Shard from an Embardier business jet when a flight has to do an emergency circuit after aborting final approach into the airport!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-11-2014 05:25pm