Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lorry drove into me :(
fam1x

RE: Lorry drove into me :(

(01-06-2012 07:56am)mark_n Wrote:  So tell us, how much?

Sorry to hear about your mishap, I agree, stick to your guns and get the work done at an LR approved repairer.

They quote me £3175. Which includes new real light housing and a new rear bumper, paint and labour.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
02-06-2012 01:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

(31-05-2012 10:17pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Insurance Approved Repairers = very cheap labour rates paid to a conveyer belt scenario bodyshop rushing through as many as possible in order to earn money!! End result crap job!! I know this as I have been told this is how it works.
I have had this argument many times with insurance companies & worked at a couple of such bodyshops valeting some of the more fussy customers cars prior to collection. I have seen some of the repairs - Rolling Eyes Shocked

+1. I would be very surprised if LR will do the repair. Normaly if you take the car to a franchised dealer they just use a local bodyshop with whom they work with, the only difference is that they are taking a slice of the repair bill.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
02-06-2012 02:46pm
mark_n

(02-06-2012 01:37pm)fam1x Wrote:  They quote me £3175. Which includes new real light housing and a new rear bumper, paint and labour.

Sounds very high to me.

Rear bumper is £400, rear lamp £200, allow paint £200, allow labour £300, total £1100. Depends on what else is needed. Is there any damage beyond these items?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 06:48pm by mark_n.)
02-06-2012 06:34pm