Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lorry drove into me :(
fam1x

Lorry drove into me :(

It a bad day, a lorry drove into me scratching rear bumper and breaking tail light. Thankfully admitted fault, took the car into dealers for a quote for repairs. Drivers insurance company want to do te repairs I suggested I'd prefer to get my dealers to it that's fair to ask?

Was very surprised by the quote it's come in from landrover glad I dont have to folk that out.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
31-05-2012 07:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nowaytk

RE: Lorry drove into me :(

Sorry to hear about your fender bender, most insurance companies like your to use their APPROVED repairers, but you don't have to, so stick to your guns & tell them you are going to use your repairer

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
31-05-2012 07:27pm
rchrdleigh

You can always play the line that your warranty will be affected if you use anyone other than a Land Rover Authorised Repairer.
31-05-2012 07:33pm
The Valeter

Insurance Approved Repairers = very cheap labour rates paid to a conveyer belt scenario bodyshop rushing through as many as possible in order to earn money!! End result crap job!! I know this as I have been told this is how it works.
I have had this argument many times with insurance companies & worked at a couple of such bodyshops valeting some of the more fussy customers cars prior to collection. I have seen some of the repairs - Rolling Eyes Shocked

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 31-05-2012 10:18pm by The Valeter.)
31-05-2012 10:17pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daigriff

Insist that LR do the work...totally within your rights.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
31-05-2012 11:11pm
PhilSkill

Sorry to hear the news!

Do everything you can to use a LR repair shop, make a point on warranty and how new the car is! Insurance bucket shop repairers are there to save the insurance co money since they pay the cost of the repair, so there is no incentive to do a good job, just to get it done cheap!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
31-05-2012 11:17pm
jitenc

Sorry to hear the news. Are you getting a replacement while the car goes in for repairs. Make sure if the other insurance co. offers you one, it's not a Corsa, but an Evoque equivalent.... Experience talks.. Sad

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
31-05-2012 11:58pm
mark_n

(31-05-2012 07:20pm)fam1x Wrote:  very surprised by the quote it's come in from landrover glad I dont have to folk that out.

So tell us, how much?

Sorry to hear about your mishap, I agree, stick to your guns and get the work done at an LR approved repairer.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
01-06-2012 07:56am
KaDargo

Someone scraped the drivers and rear door on my old car last year (needed a bit of filler and paint), but the quote came in at £974 from the 'approved' repairer,this strangely included a new bumper, headlight, and grill - backed up by photographs Shocked (but not one that showed the number plate!!!!)

I advised the insurance company, but I suspect there was some fiddling going on there!

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
01-06-2012 09:50am
BrilliantEvoque

Well apparently there is some collusion between the insurers and garages. Office of fair trading have just a day back referred this sector to competition commission.
02-06-2012 12:56am