Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Test drive done and dusted! Now more confused than ever!
LonnyGer

RE: Test drive done and dusted! Now more confused than ever!

(15-10-2012 11:55am)NightFox Wrote:  Thank you, just what I wanted to hear Smile. Now please no-one say anything else to contradict this, at least not until after Wednesday!

The point is it is like in a restaurant,, on the one side you have that delicious pasta on the other side there is this fantastic pizza, both have quite good reasons to choose them, but there is only space for one dish in your tummy.

So no matter for which dish you will decide, there is always that second guess that tells you, oh maybe it would have been better chosen the pizza, or the pasta.

What im trying to tell you with my poor english is, that it is only a question of how you look at things, because both engines have their pros and cons, but you will be only satisfied with your decision, if you look at the good things you get, instead of those you will miss.

Ordered: 04.07.12
Build Date: 30.10.12
Day of collection: 28.11.12 ( the wait is almost overVery Happy)

Car Spec: 5d,OG,dynamic,Black Roof, fully loaded
15-10-2012 01:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

This is a dilema we had and in the end we plumped for the Sd4 Manual, really didn't fancy an auto box for some reason.

Now, we didn't even test drive a manual of any guise during our order process, but what I would point out is that all the people who are saying there isn't any difference and to go with the lower output car, have all done just that, and aren't going to admit they have made a mistake are they (Now this might ruffle a few Td4 Feathers!!!!)

First gear in the manual its pretty dire as its a crawler first gear, but once in second onwards above 1,750 rpm it does shift, can't imagine that the Td4 is as quick, but could be wrong, doubt it thoughLaughing

If you want something with a bit more ooommmphh then go for the Sd4 and I wouldn't be fooled by the Mpg neither, I really don't think from what I know and have read that the Td4 is any better than a Sd4 in Manual guise, offically they are rated the same and I think most Td4 owners on here harp on about the crap Mpg as much as the Sd4 owners so don't let that be a deciding factor!

Finally, and very imprtantly to me as I am vein, is it has TWO Exhausts, that Alone should be worth the extra dosh!!Laughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 15-10-2012 04:26pm by THEMACS.)
15-10-2012 03:53pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you are vein then your heart would be bleeding because of your mistake, however I wouldn't say having two exhausts is vain, it is well balanced!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-10-2012 05:10pm
LonnyGer

(15-10-2012 05:10pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If you are vein then your heart would be bleeding because of your mistake, however I wouldn't say having two exhausts is vain, it is well balanced!

Or you just could say symetric

Ordered: 04.07.12
Build Date: 30.10.12
Day of collection: 28.11.12 ( the wait is almost overVery Happy)

Car Spec: 5d,OG,dynamic,Black Roof, fully loaded
15-10-2012 05:39pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

That as well!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-10-2012 06:24pm
FujiSan

Or we could get really pedantic and say that as well as not being vein, but vain, you could not be symetric, but would in fact be symmetric.

And as for ruffling feathers, well... SD4 or TD4 depends on the size of your P*nis.
Not big enough? Get an SD4.

And I won't even get into ED4 here...
Wink

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
15-10-2012 06:46pm
THEMACS

(15-10-2012 05:10pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If you are vein then your heart would be bleeding because of your mistake, however I wouldn't say having two exhausts is vain, it is well balanced!

There I go again!

Good job I have an Excellent secretary to correct all my terrible spelling and grammatical errors at work!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
15-10-2012 06:58pm
J77

I have the TD4 and to be honest it can shift. When I had my test drive it was only the SD4 manual and yes it was good, even thought about amending my order but stuck with TD4. I don't think there is a big enough performance difference between the two (0.8secs from 0-60mph) to warrant the extra cash and nobody has ever pointed out that I have an exhaust missing, personally I think LR shoud have kept the line up the same as the Fl2 (TD4 manual/auto, SD4 auto only).

I had the SD4 FL2 and yes it was good but not outstanding. 150hp will do the same job and put the same smile on your face as the SD4. My brother recovered his 2.6ton transit van using my Evoque and done so with ease.

At the end of the day it's all done to personal tastes and budgets. The TD4 does the same as the SD4, just cheaper.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 15-10-2012 07:47pm by J77.)
15-10-2012 07:32pm
NightFox

Thanks for all the responses and views, think I've finally assured myself that the TD4 will do just fine and will save me £1000 to boot. Not too worried about the asymmetrical single exhaust, as it'll match the asymmetrical single LR badge on the front grill Cool

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
16-10-2012 10:11am