Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TV option and Bluetooth Streaming
fam1x

Wondered if anyone with the TV option tried to stream video or music from a mobile or other blue tooth device to the car?

I'm told if you have an iphone /ipad, once you pair it via bluetooth you should be able to stream video/music to the car.

Am thinking of adding this to the car now, as its still being built Smile

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
07-11-2011 12:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SW6RR

Yes, I have streamed music via Bluetooth from an iPhone 4S and it works really well.

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
07-11-2011 12:21pm
fam1x

RE: TV option and Bluetooth Streaming

(07-11-2011 12:21pm)SW6RR Wrote:  Yes, I have streamed music via Bluetooth from an iPhone 4S and it works really well.

Super have you tried to see if you can get Siri to work once connect to the car via bluetooth?

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
07-11-2011 12:36pm
SW6RR

I haven't tried - I suppose nothing's impossible, but I would be really surprised if Siri worked through the car. I'll let you know!

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
07-11-2011 12:38pm
fam1x

It should do, I tested 4S with an old pair of Motorola bluetooth headset and it worked. Would me more amazing if it work throught the car perfect Hands free device Smile

07-11-2011 12:47pm
rsk21

re Video you cannot stream video to the car from an Apple device either via bluetooth or the iPod dock connector lead.

Two reasons:

1 - Video over bluetooth is not possible

2 - Using the wired connection the Apple video formats are not supported. Only DIVX/XVID via USB.
07-11-2011 01:47pm
iat

Yes, that is possible. Here I leave a video example.

but, I've readed that not is possible do control of the tracks and volume from wheel.

Regards,
07-11-2011 02:17pm
DustinDep

Siri works like a champ ive tried it also works on my bmw 135i
07-11-2011 02:28pm
SW6RR

(07-11-2011 02:28pm)DustinDep Wrote:  Siri works like a champ ive tried it also works on my bmw 135i

Wow - great, I stand corrected!

Presumably there's no way to launch Siri other than by launching it on the iPhone? In other words, there's no way to launch it from the car controls?

07-11-2011 02:55pm