Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TPMS 2014MY on
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

TPMS 2014MY on

OK, I wasn't sure if the 2014MY TPMS gave a tyre pressures display or not and after talking to an expert from LR it does! It isn't in the owner's manual but you can get a host of new displays for TPMS in the info centre on the dash.

To access TPMS the car has to be stopped with the dash live but the engine off.

Go into the info centre menu and scroll down to Vehicle Info, click OK on the right hand button on the steering wheel
[Image: IMG_0758_zps7165660a.jpg]
On the next page you will see 4 new submenus that pre-2014 cars don't have
[Image: IMG_0759_zpsf2cabe91.jpg]
Scroll to the Tyre Pressure Check and click OK again
Now the display will change to a plan view of the car showing the actual pressures for each wheel as well as the correct pressure .
[Image: IMG_0760_zpse96ba643.jpg]

Click Back
And you can then select "Tyre Pressures" click OK - this brings up the tyre pressure table from the handbook
[Image: IMG_0762_zpse77d5eb3.jpg]

Pete - can you pass onto the product guys that this info is not shown in the TPMS section of the owner's manual/ handbook

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 04:11pm by XFullFatTim.)
02-04-2014 02:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HeartbreakRidge

RE: TPMS 2014MY on

Ah! Yes, I have noticed that menu option but never investigated as I forget I need to do it when the engine is not on. Thanks, good find!

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
02-04-2014 03:17pm
XFullFatTim

I forgot to mention above that there is also a choice in the menus to use different units of pressure if you don't like psi's!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-04-2014 09:10pm
parminder.kainth1

TPMS 2014MY on

I checked And have been told it's an optional extra ?
£405.00 from factory .
Mine is a my14 model

Using Tapatalk
03-04-2014 03:13pm
XFullFatTim

Yes it is an option in the UK, but in some markets and IIRC after October this year in the whole EU it will be mandatory on all new cars

03-04-2014 05:06pm
parminder.kainth1

TPMS 2014MY on

Cheers
I wait to order my new one tell after October !
Mind you RR will properly add it into the car cost !

Using Tapatalk
03-04-2014 10:13pm
benzina

Thanks for that great info Tim.....i like this a lot, and to be honest, i thought that is what i was going to get when i first ticked the TPMS option box when i originally ordered my 2012.

Now i'm no techy expert, but for those that are......could this tyre pressure readout ability be retro upgraded to an existing
Evoque TPMS system already installed. Is this just a software thing or more complicated?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2014 05:44am by benzina.)
04-04-2014 05:43am
XFullFatTim

Benzina - I'm not sure! My car also has the Intelligence Pack and because of that I now no longer have a temperature display (which I miss) because now I have a sign board recognition display where the temperature gauge used to be (unless I switch off sign recognition, when I get the temperature gauge back!). Ok so knowing what the last speed limit sign was is quite important for avoiding a speeding fine (and in my view much more useful than having speed cameras displayed on the satnav as the sign is there right in your line of sight) . Should LR be considering Head Up Display on any of their cars then I would suggest that Road Sign Recognition is one of the must have displays projected onto the screen along with the speedo.

04-04-2014 09:28am
PhilSkill

(04-04-2014 05:43am)benzina Wrote:  Thanks for that great info Tim.....i like this a lot, and to be honest, i thought that is what i was going to get when i first ticked the TPMS option box when i originally ordered my 2012.

Now i'm no techy expert, but for those that are......could this tyre pressure readout ability be retro upgraded to an existing
Evoque TPMS system already installed. Is this just a software thing or more complicated?

I'd be pretty sure this is only a software thing, unless it involves a seperate updated TPMS receiver ECU,as th ECU must know the pressures to be able to trip the puncture detection alarm.

But LR does not seem to take the attitude of upgrading features on existing cars (just faults), which is a great shame, but I guess to do this would be a nightmare of managing (and risking impairing) existing versions of software for differing hardware specs of cars out in the field.

So it's something you'll only likely see on new cars, unless someone goes down the ECU/Display Software hacking route.

It's a shame cars don't get upgraded like this, as I have an in house music system that I bought 7 years ago that still is upgraded to latest software features to this day and brand loyalty to something like that is very strong, trouble is it also means I never need to buy more equipment as the hardware was superb then and still is now, if a little dated to thier latest products...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
04-04-2014 12:01pm