Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TOPIx Info
superfox

TOPIx Info

I've just booked in my Evoque for a 8,000Km service and have instructed them on following the bulletins that have been released on the TOPIx page.

They came back to me with their aren't any campaigns or bulletins available for my vehicle. My Evoque is a early model built in 2011, thus having a lot of bulletins ready Mad They insisted that TOPIx is world wide and doesn't relate to Australia and they use another site that regulates the Australian bulletins.

Are they pulling my leg? Can any one steer me towards an answer please Very Happy

Thanks in advance

FOX Rolling Eyes

Drive: 4 WHL R/H FULL TIME DRIVE CAB style: 3 DOOR Series: 2.0 GTDIS PETROL 3DR SERIES Transmission: 6 SPD AUTO TRANS AWF21AWD Engine: 2.0L 16V TIVCT T/C 240PS GAS Colour:SUMATRA BLACK Trim:SATIN BRUSHED METAL
16-09-2012 12:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Land Rover Techy

RE: TOPIx Info

(16-09-2012 12:22pm)superfox Wrote:  I've just booked in my Evoque for a 8,000Km service and have instructed them on following the bulletins that have been released on the TOPIx page.

They came back to me with their aren't any campaigns or bulletins available for my vehicle. My Evoque is a early model built in 2011, thus having a lot of bulletins ready Mad They insisted that TOPIx is world wide and doesn't relate to Australia and they use another site that regulates the Australian bulletins.

Are they pulling my leg? Can any one steer me towards an answer please Very Happy

Thanks in advance

What bulletins have you read, not all bulletins that are released on topix apply to all cars. Some bulletins only apply of the concern is apparant on the car ?

Ask me, I may just know the answer !!
16-09-2012 03:36pm
superfox

(16-09-2012 03:36pm)Land Rover Techy Wrote:  What bulletins have you read, not all bulletins that are released on topix apply to all cars. Some bulletins only apply of the concern is apparant on the car ?

I'm interested in the transmission upgrade for my auto is very jerky, seat upgrade to increase the speed of rear passenger access and any tech updates as I have issues with my Bluetooth and global opening

FOX Rolling Eyes

Drive: 4 WHL R/H FULL TIME DRIVE CAB style: 3 DOOR Series: 2.0 GTDIS PETROL 3DR SERIES Transmission: 6 SPD AUTO TRANS AWF21AWD Engine: 2.0L 16V TIVCT T/C 240PS GAS Colour:SUMATRA BLACK Trim:SATIN BRUSHED METAL
17-09-2012 10:26am
Land Rover Techy

(17-09-2012 10:26am)superfox Wrote:  I'm interested in the transmission upgrade for my auto is very jerky, seat upgrade to increase the speed of rear passenger access and any tech updates as I have issues with my Bluetooth and global opening

There was a Recall for Transmission issues such as unexpected gear changes but thought only a few Evoques were affected by this :
LV600929 – LV615453
(specific vehicles)

Seat upgrade i didnt know existed, i know for 13MY cars the motors have been changed for faster seat motions

And what bluetooth issues do you have, what phone make model and software are you using

Global opening, please detail problems
?

17-09-2012 09:02pm
superfox

(17-09-2012 09:02pm)Land Rover Techy Wrote:  There was a Recall for Transmission issues such as unexpected gear changes but thought only a few Evoques were affected by this :
LV600929 – LV615453
(specific vehicles)

Seat upgrade i didnt know existed, i know for 13MY cars the motors have been changed for faster seat motions

And what bluetooth issues do you have, what phone make model and software are you using

Global opening, please detail problems
?

My global opening only works sometimes =S and if it dos deicide to work it only lets the windows down not up...

My phones is a HTC ONE X running ice cream sandwich (android) it works fine on my other vehicles...

THANKS FOR THE HELP Very Happy

FOX Rolling Eyes

18-09-2012 08:51am
Land Rover Techy

(18-09-2012 08:51am)superfox Wrote:  My global opening only works sometimes =S and if it dos deicide to work it only lets the windows down not up...

My phones is a HTC ONE X running ice cream sandwich (android) it works fine on my other vehicles...

THANKS FOR THE HELP Very Happy

GLOBAL OPENING
Press and hold the Smart Key unlock button for
3 seconds to unlock the vehicle and open all
windows.
Press any button on the Smart Key to cancel
the operation.

GLOBAL CLOSING
Ensure that no children, pets, or
obstructions are in any open aperture
before operating global closing.
Ensure that all doors are closed. Press and
hold the Smart Key lock button for three
seconds. The vehicle will single lock and the
alarm will be armed immediately. After three
seconds any open windows will be closed.

Please make sure that all windows operate with the one touch function. If the car looses its window open and closed position then global closing will stop working.

In terms of the phone what trouble do you have, how many contacts do you have stored in your phone book, Have you taken battery out of phone then refitted and retried. Before toy do this delete the pairing with the car.
i have had a look on the website Land Rover and your phone should work

See attached PDF File

Attached File(s)
.pdf  HTC One X.pdf (Size: 51.82 KB / Downloads: 4)

18-09-2012 07:55pm
Barneyridge

I believe global closing is not a function enabled in Australia as it does not meet the Australian Design Regulations.

This is across the board for all Land Rover products

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2012 08:10am by Barneyridge.)
19-09-2012 08:09am
spif888

(19-09-2012 08:09am)Barneyridge Wrote:  I believe global closing is not a function enabled in Australia as it does not meet the Australian Design Regulations.

This is across the board for all Land Rover products

My 2009 Freelander 2 had global closing - a very handy feature

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
19-09-2012 08:54am
superfox

(18-09-2012 07:55pm)Land Rover Techy Wrote:  GLOBAL OPENING
Press and hold the Smart Key unlock button for
3 seconds to unlock the vehicle and open all
windows.
Press any button on the Smart Key to cancel
the operation.

GLOBAL CLOSING
Ensure that no children, pets, or
obstructions are in any open aperture
before operating global closing.
Ensure that all doors are closed. Press and
hold the Smart Key lock button for three
seconds. The vehicle will single lock and the
alarm will be armed immediately. After three
seconds any open windows will be closed.

Please make sure that all windows operate with the one touch function. If the car looses its window open and closed position then global closing will stop working.

In terms of the phone what trouble do you have, how many contacts do you have stored in your phone book, Have you taken battery out of phone then refitted and retried. Before toy do this delete the pairing with the car.
i have had a look on the website Land Rover and your phone should work

See attached PDF File

The dealership seem to think that my global opening maybe due to my keyfob they've asked me to bring both in for recalibration.

My phone has been re-set, new connecting with car etc and still same problem. For some reason it'll pair the first time but after that it'll have to be done manually ... a real pain.

Today I had a knock in the rear end like a tailpipe hitting something, but my engine seemed lagging in power and jerking like it was going to stall Shocked almost like it's gear was to high or fuel was chocking. Question

FOX Rolling Eyes

19-09-2012 10:20am
Barneyridge

(19-09-2012 08:54am)spif888 Wrote:  My 2009 Freelander 2 had global closing - a very handy feature

Happy to be corrected if that is the case, but at an LR experience day on the weekend, that is what they said. I have never tried it myself Wink

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
19-09-2012 11:18pm