Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
TD4 150bhp to near SD4 190bhp tuning is finalised and done.
BMW86

RE: TD4 150bhp to near SD4 190bhp tuning is finalised and done.

(12-12-2011 10:25pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  I have settled around 30bhp but giving upto 80Nm of torque more and upto 100nm is requested in certian places to keep the car feeling very smooth being very carefull NOT to make it to "punchy" and with a "on off" like thorttle responce as this would detract to much from what the car is really about. I have also taken a lot of care to keep the gearbox from chopping and changing gears like a yoyo under load or acceleration.

Are you able to confirm if these figures are for the SD4?

Can you also confirm if the 30hp increase is at the crank or at the 4 wheels?

What are stock SD4's putting down at the wheels?

2009 BMW 135i Coupe - with a few mods Wink
2013 Ninja 300 Special Edition ABS
2014 Mercedes CLA 45 AMG - on the way
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2011 09:39am by BMW86.)
18-12-2011 09:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

Hi
All figures are crank figures, yes the above quote was relating to the sd4 190bhp car. I dont have the wheel/tarmac figures here but from memory arround 150-160 though these figures are not the best for comparison as LandRover have never publushed them hence why we generally pay attention to and quote only flywheel figures so customers have some official base to compare against.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2011 10:24am by bell-auto-services.)
18-12-2011 10:23am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RonnieNavani

can we get 300bhp from the SD4 engine? or am i just barking mad?

Delivered - FUJI WHITE > EBONT BLACK > SD4 DYNAMIC > PANO ROOF > RSE > SAT NAV > FPD > PWR TAILGATE > 19" Style 4 Wheels and a few others..

[/color]www.swapdeals.com.au
20-12-2011 01:14pm
bell-auto-services

Crazy id say not mad lol

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
20-12-2011 01:36pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
marandod

(10-12-2011 09:56pm)marandod Wrote:  so injectors are not the same between 150 and 190....................

any news about.............??
08-01-2012 10:19am
bell-auto-services

From the cars ive seend and Microcat part numbers no they are not the same. If I find anything different ill post it here.

Pete

08-01-2012 02:30pm
Westy

(08-01-2012 02:30pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  From the cars ive seend and Microcat part numbers no they are not the same. If I find anything different ill post it here.

Pete

Hello, been following the forum for a while and see some good dicussions, i have been reading with great interest your developments on your power enhancements, I have a pure td4 manual on order and I have always had my cars remapped and have always appreciated the improved drive ability, I find the remapped diesels drive nicer than the factory mapping, if carried out carefully, I understand why the manufacturers have to do this with fuel quality, servicing etc. I have had many vag cars and had a bad experience with a tuning box on a mazda that replicated and amplified all of the standard mapping faults and made it worse, would definitely not recommend anyone goes this route.

I am very interested in having my car tuned and have a couple of questions,
Will this affect the traction control settings with regards to mapping that are already programmed into the car or are they in a separate ecu system, I have driven both an evoque and a fl2 on a land rover experience and the different program's worked really well. The other question is if I had my car remapped by you would the dealers be able to see on their diagnostic equipment, my car will be a lease vehicle and this would be very important re the warranty and the terms of the lease, also with all of the issues with manufacturers and Dpf,s if the dealer carries out a patch or a factory improvement map would this overwrite your files and then would I need to comeback to you and do the same remap again.

My car is due in March and I am hoping that by the summer LR should have alot of the little issues sorted out.

Interested in your comments, can you share the bhp and most importantly the torque figures for before and after on the Td4

Many thanks getting excited now for delivery date, the experience day really showed that it is a great car and had very smooth with great driveability.

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
08-01-2012 11:03pm
bell-auto-services

Hi

The traction control is not part of what we change so will remain as standard and as intended. The remap it self does not flag anything on the current SDD software of which I have the exact same tools in my own workshop, however I have to say that tuning of any sort could be detected if the correct tools and knowlage are ued to measure injection, boost etc etc. I very much doubt that it would ever happen though as most run of the mill dealers would not dedicate the tools and time to look at every car in the workshop.

If a software update is made to the ecu because landrover have made patches then this would overwrite tuning done of which id of course put back on after if needed. A second ecu that is in standard tune may come in handy for dealer visits Smile

We have set power togive 30bhp and 80nm on the 190bhp car. the standard figures are 190 and 420nm. the same power gain on the 150bhp car is aimed to be available.

Pete

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2012 11:19pm by bell-auto-services.)
08-01-2012 11:17pm
Westy

(08-01-2012 11:17pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  Hi

The traction control is not part of what we change so will remain as standard and as intended. The remap it self does not flag anything on the current SDD software of which I have the exact same tools in my own workshop, however I have to say that tuning of any sort could be detected if the correct tools and knowlage are ued to measure injection, boost etc etc. I very much doubt that it would ever happen though as most run of the mill dealers would not dedicate the tools and time to look at every car in the workshop.

If a software update is made to the ecu because landrover have made patches then this would overwrite tuning done of which id of course put back on after if needed. A second ecu that is in standard tune may come in handy for dealer visits Smile

We have set power togive 30bhp and 80nm on the 190bhp car. the standard figures are 190 and 420nm. the same power gain on the 150bhp car is aimed to be available.

Pete

Thanks for fast response

I agree with you, with all of my previous remaps the updates have never been detected by the OEM dealers for normal services, my current mazda though has had at least 3 map improvement patches over the three years I have had the car and it is still not 100% (they have had many Dpf problems) and that what makes me twitchy.

I appreciate that peugeot ford have more experience with diesels and dpf,s and I believe this engine is really sweet. I know you have to split the ecu, are there any tamperproof seals that get brocken , conscious that if I break down somewhere and the assistance guys come out that they could find the remap or be able to identify that the car has been tampered with.
One last question do you know if it is standard practice at the dealers to check for factory updates when the car comes in for a service? with my job I do around 25-30k per year and hence will be a local friend of the service dealer I choose.

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
08-01-2012 11:50pm
GibEvoque

Pete

You mentioned having second ecu for dealer visits above. Would it be possible to do it other way round and to sell remapped ecus which can be fitted at by those of us so minded to do so? I only mention this as I have not yet found a good tuner near to me.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
09-01-2012 08:29am