Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Surprising arrival of Evoque
eugvoque

Surprising arrival of Evoque

Hi evoquers

I placed order for a red pure in US in June, and was informed an expect delivery in the end of October. Since then, I have been anxiously expecting messages from the dealer about build date, a request for confirmation of specs and VIN, etc.. Today, surprisingly, the dealer informed me that my evoque is arriving, with no further information.

I am asking those who bought an evoque in US whether you received a build date and VIN before your evoque arrived. Should I be alert of anything, or it just happens this way in US?

Thanks!
12-10-2012 11:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AandM1228

RE: Surprising arrival of Evoque

(12-10-2012 11:27pm)eugvoque Wrote:  Hi evoquers

I placed order for a red pure in US in June, and was informed an expect delivery in the end of October. Since then, I have been anxiously expecting messages from the dealer about build date, a request for confirmation of specs and VIN, etc.. Today, surprisingly, the dealer informed me that my evoque is arriving, with no further information.

I am asking those who bought an evoque in US whether you received a build date and VIN before your evoque arrived. Should I be alert of anything, or it just happens this way in US?

Thanks!

Hi. I think it is possible but I would double check when you see the car to make sure it is exactly as you ordered. Did you specifically request a 2013 model? The cars that I have shipped back and forth usually take between 4 and 6 weeks (from Charleston, SC). I ordered a US spec Evoque to have for my remaining time here in the UK but Land Rover will ship it to the US for me when I move back. They said 4 - 6 weeks for an east coast delivery and 8 - 10 for a west coast delivery. Your dealer should have received the VIN# within a few days of build so I would wonder about him not having it.

Good luckSmile
13-10-2012 07:32am
eugvoque

(13-10-2012 07:32am)AandM1228 Wrote:  Hi. I think it is possible but I would double check when you see the car to make sure it is exactly as you ordered. Did you specifically request a 2013 model? The cars that I have shipped back and forth usually take between 4 and 6 weeks (from Charleston, SC). I ordered a US spec Evoque to have for my remaining time here in the UK but Land Rover will ship it to the US for me when I move back. They said 4 - 6 weeks for an east coast delivery and 8 - 10 for a west coast delivery. Your dealer should have received the VIN# within a few days of build so I would wonder about him not having it.

Good luckSmile

Thanks, AandM1228! When I placed the order, MY13 wasn't within reach. But in August, I asked via email that I wanted my car to be 2013 model, and the dealer confirmed it will be. But there is no binding contract on that. Is there any way I can check that the car is of 2013 model when I receive the car?
13-10-2012 07:42am
AandM1228

(13-10-2012 07:42am)eugvoque Wrote:  Thanks, AandM1228! When I placed the order, MY13 wasn't within reach. But in August, I asked via email that I wanted my car to be 2013 model, and the dealer confirmed it will be. But there is no binding contract on that. Is there any way I can check that the car is of 2013 model when I receive the car?

No problem at all. Please don't take everything I say as a guarantee or anything, just trying to help. It would be cutting it close for it to be a 2013 model but it could be. The major difference between a 12/13 model will be the front grill. It now has an oval Land Rover logo on it, 12's didn't have that. Also the center caps on the wheels of the 13's now say Land Rover instead of Range Rover. All the paperwork that you have to sign at the dealer when you take delivery will specify the year as well.
13-10-2012 07:57am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Not sure if this is standard on US spec cars but if it is a 2013 model then the powered tailgate will open AND close on the remote control, pre 2013 cars it only opens on the remote.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 10:02am by XFullFatTim.)
13-10-2012 10:01am
eddkawasaki

(13-10-2012 10:01am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Not sure if this is standard on US spec cars but if it is a 2013 model then the powered tailgate will open AND close on the remote control, pre 2013 cars it only opens on the remote.

Tim, Has this been confirmed? the new manual (that was on posted on here) does not mention it closing on the remote?

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
13-10-2012 11:09am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Ah ha, I have just looked on the configurator and LR has removed the bit in the "find out more" that said it was now remotely closing as well as opening. Last week it was listed as a feature of the powered tailgate. All it says now is that it is powered opening, now mention of any powered closing whatsoever

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 12:09pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-10-2012 12:08pm
eddkawasaki

Dammit! i was hoping that this would be on the MY13 cars. guess I will find out for real next monday

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
13-10-2012 01:18pm