Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sunblind wont work
RaRoE

Sunblind wont work

ok so my sunblind will open and close if i hold the button in either direction , but the problem i am having is that the one touch ( in either direction ) wont work . I recently had to disconnect my battery because of work I had done to it . is there a way to reset it like you can do to the windows ? Any help would be appreciated .... Its driving me crazy !!!
21-08-2012 08:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: Sunblind wont work

Mine fully opens or closes with one touch. If you press the switch again when it's moving it will stop, for safety reasons it all so stops when moving if you place your hand in front of it.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
21-08-2012 09:24pm
Nowaytk

(21-08-2012 08:37pm)RaRoE Wrote:  ok so my sunblind will open and close if i hold the button in either direction , but the problem i am having is that the one touch ( in either direction ) wont work . I recently had to disconnect my battery because of work I had done to it . is there a way to reset it like you can do to the windows ? Any help would be appreciated .... Its driving me crazy !!!

One would assume that it can be reset the same way as the windows, press & hold open ( once its open hold for a further 10secs at least ) then the same for closed ( press & hold etc )

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
21-08-2012 10:47pm
NightFox

Have you tried recalibrating it like the windows? Open it keeping button pressed for 10 secs after its fully open, then close it doing the same? Only guessing I'm afraid.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
21-08-2012 10:51pm
PhilSkill

I have a strange recollection the one touch only works when ignition is on, I believe, as I have had to hold mine before now to complete it closing when unlocked but not switched on.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-08-2012 10:55pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you have disconnected the battery have you checked that the battery monitor is still working properly? When my battery flattened recently the Land Rover Assist person was very careful to check that it was working properly as well as checking everything else was OK and advised that if the battery were to be disconnected for any reason the monitor should be checked for proper operation. I didn't ask what he was looking for as a check unfortunately.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2012 10:59pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-08-2012 10:58pm
RaRoE

(21-08-2012 10:47pm)Nowaytk Wrote:  One would assume that it can be reset the same way as the windows, press & hold open ( once its open hold for a further 10secs at least ) then the same for closed ( press & hold etc )

I tried that ... Didn't work .
(21-08-2012 10:51pm)NightFox Wrote:  Have you tried recalibrating it like the windows? Open it keeping button pressed for 10 secs after its fully open, then close it doing the same? Only guessing I'm afraid.

I have tried it ( in both directions ) and didn't work .
(21-08-2012 10:58pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If you have disconnected the battery have you checked that the battery monitor is still working properly? When my battery flattened recently the Land Rover Assist person was very careful to check that it was working properly as well as checking everything else was OK and advised that if the battery were to be disconnected for any reason the monitor should be checked for proper operation. I didn't ask what he was looking for as a check unfortunately.

Ok that could help , not sure if it was checked . But I have no clue how to do that or what that even is and or how to check it . Guess that will be my next thread ... Lol

(21-08-2012 10:55pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I have a strange recollection the one touch only works when ignition is on, I believe, as I have had to hold mine before now to complete it closing when unlocked but not switched on.

The ignition was def on when I tried .
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2012 11:51pm by RaRoE.)
21-08-2012 11:39pm