Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sumatra Black SD4 Dynamic
andrewcui

Sumatra Black SD4 Dynamic

It is finally here! ordered early november and picked up Feb 25th!

I went for the black interior as well... i was worried as the only pics i found on the net didn't look to good. However now i have finally seen it i am very happy with the black interior choice.

The puddle lamps and panoramic roof have got a lot of positive comments from friends. No problems so far but i have only done just under 200km... Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Arrived: SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Black in and out, Style 6 rims, Pano roof, Reverse camera, Privacy glass
27-02-2012 12:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big G

RE: Sumatra Black SD4 Dynamic

(27-02-2012 12:27pm)andrewcui Wrote:  It is finally here! ordered early november and picked up Feb 25th!

I went for the black interior as well... i was worried as the only pics i found on the net didn't look to good. However now i have finally seen it i am very happy with the black interior choice.

The puddle lamps and panoramic roof have got a lot of positive comments from friends. No problems so far but i have only done just under 200km... Smile
Great colour !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
27-02-2012 12:44pm
MartinP

Congratulations Andrewcui, you must be very pleased.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
27-02-2012 01:19pm
benzina

Gorgeous looking Dynamic Andrewcui. Congratulations, and ENJOY the new car experience.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
27-02-2012 01:31pm
SebM

Congrats !!!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
27-02-2012 02:47pm
Ismin

Looks really great...congrats
(This post was last modified: 27-02-2012 03:09pm by Ismin.)
27-02-2012 03:09pm
Dimitrios

Great spec, very similar to mine. Congrats!!

Dynamic SD4, Santorini, Chrome Shadow, Lux Pack, Priv Glass, Red /Black leather & headlining
Collection: 24 Mar 2012 / Ordered: Oct 2011
27-02-2012 03:12pm
andrewcui

Well its been about 3 weeks and 900km since i received the car... i'm still very very happy and always excited when i jump in for a drive.

I mainly do city driving. I got about 630km out of the first tank.
Also the first few days of driving the car i did noticed a slight hesitation accelerating from a standing stop... i not longer get this.. i believe the car has learnt my driving style. Although there is no run in period i have tried to take it easy, only red lining a handful of times.. this will change over the next week or so Tongue Out

I get the feeling taking the evoque on a long drive would be very enjoyable and would not be tiring at all. When cursing at 110km you don't even realise you are going so fast. The cabin is relatively quiet and the ride is very smooth. I find cornering to be outstanding as well. I do not have active dynamic suspension but the evqoue really just feels like a car around the corners. I feel the Evoque corners better than my 1997 Holden Commodore (the aussies will know what this is), but not as good as the 1998 Nissan Skyline Coupe i had. I would say the cornering would be somewhere in between.
The xenon headlight are really bright with good visibility at night... the fog lights light up the road even more!

Everyone still comments on the puddle lights and the pano roof!

The only issue i have had is the auto wipers. A couple of times they have come on by themselves when driving in the direct sunlight... I have emailed my dealer about this and waiting on his reply. I noticed Chiggy is also having this issue. At the moment i am not too fussed about it as I just turn the wipers off... but eventually i would want this fixed.

In conclusion... super happy with the purchase!!! Smile

Arrived: SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Black in and out, Style 6 rims, Pano roof, Reverse camera, Privacy glass
11-03-2012 10:53pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

From the land of microscopic bugs (and a lot of rain)! Last Autumn here I found that dust, dirt and the odd dead bug anywhere near the sensor triggers the auto-wipers. Even on a perfectly dry day they will give a wipe for no apparent reason. My last FFRR was the same. Pity that the system cannot be trained to give a squirt of water on the screen to save dragging dry blades over a dry screen when there is a false wipe!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-03-2012 11:05pm
chiggy

Awesome! Looks great!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
11-03-2012 11:55pm