Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Style 6 Wheels With Tyres
THEMACS

RE: Style 6 Wheels With Tyres

(17-09-2012 07:09pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  If you have the space and don't mind forking out the cost, then you can get 19" Ice and snow tyres for the winter and then sell on the old tyres. However might be worth storing the original 19" wheels and tyres for the day when you want to sell the car - you can sell on the 20's separately or for extra cost on the car...................

I mistakenly brought 2 Style 8's wheels before I took delivery of mine, so if anybody is looking for 2 brand new unused Style 8 rims like purevoque's for a sensible offer I have two taking up space in my garage that could be used for some thing else more useful like some more style 6's!

I fancy keeping hold of them and maybe getting some use out of them during the winter months, not sure how they should be stored? Could probably muster up some space in one of the sheds!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
17-09-2012 08:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IKM

(17-09-2012 08:38pm)THEMACS Wrote:  I fancy keeping hold of them and maybe getting some use out of them during the winter months, not sure how they should be stored? Could probably muster up some space in one of the sheds!
Wheels with tyres fitted should be stored flat (horizontal), tyres only should be stored standing vertically ... Certainly clean them well, some form of buffer like cardboard between wheels and rotate every few months. I'm curently using large Ketter stores for my winter Freelander tyres and Evoque wheels with tyres fitted. Good luck!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
17-09-2012 09:13pm
THEMACS

(17-09-2012 09:13pm)IKM Wrote:  Wheels with tyres fitted should be stored flat (horizontal), tyres only should be stored standing vertically ... Certainly clean them well, some form of buffer like cardboard between wheels and rotate every few months. I'm curently using large Ketter stores for my winter Freelander tyres and Evoque wheels with tyres fitted. Good luck!

Thanks for the info,just need to clear some space! Just getting a bit impatient now and really hoping that they are as described!! The guy said they had only done delivery and pdi miles so they should be fineVery Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
17-09-2012 09:26pm
THEMACS

Well they have arrived and are as good as new, just a little bit dusty! The tyres still have the little rubber "Nodules" on the sidewall and in the middle, he reckons they have done less than 50 miles!Very Happy

Anyway, will give them a good dusting off and put some decent wheel protector on then get the Babies fitted!!Very HappyVery Happy

18-09-2012 01:56pm
THEMACS

I am having secong thoughts nowConfused

Just had the Style 6 sparkle alloys fitted and they don't seem to sparkle much, to be honest they look a bit dull, the style of them is nice just not sure about the finish, it looks flat compared to the Style 5 Diamonds!

I gave tghem a good clean and protect before they were fitted, I know one reason is because the tyres need some trye finish on, that always lifts the wheels, I just thought they would stand out a bit more!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21-09-2012 03:00pm
pureevoque

I think the term Sparkle Silver is bit misleading, they are standard alloy colour

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
21-09-2012 03:02pm
THEMACS

(17-09-2012 09:13pm)IKM Wrote:  Wheels with tyres fitted should be stored flat (horizontal), tyres only should be stored standing vertically ... Certainly clean them well, some form of buffer like cardboard between wheels and rotate every few months. I'm curently using large Ketter stores for my winter Freelander tyres and Evoque wheels with tyres fitted. Good luck!

Thanks for this, why do you need to rotate if they are stored horizontally? Also is it better to stack in 2's rather than all 4 in one column?

(This post was last modified: 22-09-2012 10:13pm by THEMACS.)
22-09-2012 10:13pm
IKM

(22-09-2012 10:13pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Thanks for this, why do you need to rotate if they are stored horizontally? Also is it better to stack in 2's rather than all 4 in one column?
I've stacked my winters with wheels in 2's. I rotate my vertical Freelander tyres without rims for obvious reasons, but my Evoque wheels with tyres because they're compressed against the walls of my Ketter store (to avoid flat spots). However, even without the Ketter store challenges, it's good to relieve the pressure on the bottom wheel and tyre by changing them over (i.e. bottom to top), now and again.

By the way, when I lived in Norway all the tyre fitting companies had stores for tyres with wheels fitted. I wish this was common in the UK (not just Kwikfit etc storing tyres without wheels for so many months per year at a silly cost). I really miss that!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
(This post was last modified: 22-09-2012 11:21pm by IKM.)
22-09-2012 10:59pm
PhilSkill

(21-09-2012 03:02pm)pureevoque Wrote:  I think the term Sparkle Silver is bit misleading, they are standard alloy colour

They are a sparkly metallic, but next to the diamond cut they dont have the same brightness, surprised they dropped the diamond cut.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-09-2012 11:49pm
THEMACS

(22-09-2012 11:49pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  They are a sparkly metallic, but next to the diamond cut they dont have the same brightness, surprised they dropped the diamond cut.

The diamond cut are a great looking wheel and I am keeping them for winter. Now I have seen the style 6 on the car for a couple of days they really are impressive, very happyVery Happy

I wouldn't be happy if I were getting the new style 5!

23-09-2012 08:58am