Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Strange Noise.
EpicEvo

Strange Noise.

Iv had my Evoque for a week now and Also have the same noise... Usualy hear it only once. And only when pulling off from my parking space... I never hear it again for the rest of my trip... Couldn't say what it is Sad
03-02-2013 05:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vinny

RE: Strange Noise.

If you check back I mentioned this over a year ago when I got mine,still occasionally happens especially during low speed moves or parking/reversing.
Not overly concerned about it had it for over a year now and nothing has fallen off or broken,mentioned it when it got its first service and they said nothing was amiss.
Your description is spot on it sounds like you have run over a plastic lemonade bottle or the underside of the car is scraping along the road.

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
03-02-2013 08:18pm
Norzlein

Hi Guys,

I hope this thread is still alive because I got this issue with my 2013 model. Just to point out if my issue is the same, I'll list out my conditions.

1) Sounds like I've ran over something not solid hard.
2) Feel small shock on my acceleration pedal, something mechanical feeling.
3) This happens often when: turn engine on -> select drive from P to D -> step on gas softly -> speed up slowly to 30kph or so, it's about 30m to 100m -> shock and sound

It never happen when stopping a light or on traffic jam. Mostly happen at the condition above. Anyone has any news about it??

I'm going to take to my dealer tomorrow but I presume it won't be solved since there aren't much positive replies in here. I'll inform here about tomorrows result if anyone is interested.
08-02-2013 11:47am
Stevemac1

(08-02-2013 11:47am)Norzlein Wrote:  Hi Guys,

I hope this thread is still alive because I got this issue with my 2013 model. Just to point out if my issue is the same, I'll list out my conditions.

1) Sounds like I've ran over something not solid hard.
2) Feel small shock on my acceleration pedal, something mechanical feeling.
3) This happens often when: turn engine on -> select drive from P to D -> step on gas softly -> speed up slowly to 30kph or so, it's about 30m to 100m -> shock and sound

It never happen when stopping a light or on traffic jam. Mostly happen at the condition above. Anyone has any news about it??

I'm going to take to my dealer tomorrow but I presume it won't be solved since there aren't much positive replies in here. I'll inform here about tomorrows result if anyone is interested.

Sounds familiar...I've had mine for a month and just started hearing something similar. Only when pulling out of the drive after a period of being parked. Sounds like the park brake is stuck on, continues on for a bit down the street but will go away after a few brake presses. Sounds really awfull. Keeping an eye on it, will be adding it o my snagging list.... Confused

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
22-04-2013 07:55pm
Norzlein

(22-04-2013 07:55pm)Stevemac1 Wrote:  Sounds familiar...I've had mine for a month and just started hearing something similar. Only when pulling out of the drive after a period of being parked. Sounds like the park brake is stuck on, continues on for a bit down the street but will go away after a few brake presses. Sounds really awfull. Keeping an eye on it, will be adding it o my snagging list.... Confused

Hi Stevemac1,

From your info, our issues might be little different as mine doesn't have anything to do with pressing brakes. I went to see dealer the other day and told me that my kind of sound can be found on FL and other models as well. Not yet confirmed but they told me that its got to do with prop shaft. Car will disconnects prop shaft when engine is off and reconnects again, not when firing up the engine, but when you drive faster than a certain speed, which is about 23km/h. In another word, until you hit 23km/h, it is totally FF drive. Once the prop shaft is connected with a slight noise, everything is fine.

About your case, does the brake looks sort of rusty before driving? When you step on brakes, do you feel slight repelling force from brake pedal? Does it disappear after several brakes? If that is the case, then I presume it might be normal, but if not, I suggest you get more info from this site, or go and ask your dealerSad
23-04-2013 01:41pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Now, I haven't had this with my Evoque yet, BUT, it was a regular thing in both my FFRR's and RRS's if they sat on the drive in wet or humid weather. The cause was the Electric Parking Brake releasing after it had bound on. I know the EPB in Evoque operates differently to the bigger cars but if this noise occurs shortly after pulling away in either Drive or Reverse this could be the cause of the noise, this is also preceded by hesitancy in pulling away.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2013 06:42am by XFullFatTim.)
24-04-2013 06:39am
speary

(23-04-2013 01:41pm)Norzlein Wrote:  Hi Stevemac1,

From your info, our issues might be little different as mine doesn't have anything to do with pressing brakes. I went to see dealer the other day and told me that my kind of sound can be found on FL and other models as well. Not yet confirmed but they told me that its got to do with prop shaft. Car will disconnects prop shaft when engine is off and reconnects again, not when firing up the engine, but when you drive faster than a certain speed, which is about 23km/h. In another word, until you hit 23km/h, it is totally FF drive. Once the prop shaft is connected with a slight noise, everything is fine.

About your case, does the brake looks sort of rusty before driving? When you step on brakes, do you feel slight repelling force from brake pedal? Does it disappear after several brakes? If that is the case, then I presume it might be normal, but if not, I suggest you get more info from this site, or go and ask your dealerSad
IIRC the Evoque has permanent 4 wheel drive that can be varied front to back. Its not like the soft roaders (Honda CRV etc) which only engage drive to the rear wheels when needed

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
24-04-2013 08:01am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Drive is variable depending on conditions but in normal driving is biased 95% to the front until slippage is detected, I'm not aware that drive is only to the fronts up to certain speeds. Except in ED4's when it is permanently 100% to the front wheels

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2013 08:07am by XFullFatTim.)
24-04-2013 08:06am
Stevemac1

Perhaps I should clarify, when I say "for a period" I mean like half an hour or so between runs out, not so long the discs rust over or anything. As usual doesn't happen every time or even day, just now and again. Will monitor...

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
24-04-2013 10:36am
PhilSkill

(24-04-2013 10:36am)Stevemac1 Wrote:  Perhaps I should clarify, when I say "for a period" I mean like half an hour or so between runs out, not so long the discs rust over or anything. As usual doesn't happen every time or even day, just now and again. Will monitor...

Have you tried releasing the EPB manually using the switch and listening for the Whirr as it disengages before pulling away?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
24-04-2013 12:32pm