Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Strange Noise.
Evo-king

Strange Noise.

Last weekend, my wife and I were out in the car, doing around 30 mph on a city street, when all of a sudden a noise came from what appeared to be underneath the car, it sounded very much like I had run over something, like a cardboard box, a plastic container, or as if a sheet of plastic had folded back from the underside of the car.

1. I had not run over anything.

2. There are no signs of damage or anything loose on the underside of the car.

Then yesterday my wife was out with my son and the same noise occurred, again no sign of contact or anything loose.

At the moment the only thing we can think of is some kind of fuel tank expansion/contraction.

When you hear it it startles you.

Has anyone else heard similar?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
15-12-2012 12:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Strange Noise.

Have you checked if you've lost any mudflaps if you have them fitted that is?
15-12-2012 09:20pm
Evo-king

No I haven't got mudflaps.

Had another look underneath nothing appears to be out of place.

My son noticed it yesterday and I wasn't in the car, but he described exactly the same as I heard earlier.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
15-12-2012 09:44pm
Bowl

Paranormal activity? LOL

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
16-12-2012 09:34am
PhilSkill

Wasn't there reports of someone hearing something similartto his after pulling away? like running over a plastic bottle.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-12-2012 07:12pm
Ranger4

I think I had this twice, some months ago, from the front left and then rear left. Didn't do anything about it at the time and it's never happened again since. Each time it lasted for 2-3 seconds and felt like a very loud version of ABS kicking in, however i wasn't brakeing on either occaision. I assumed it was something to do with my AD just having a strange 'moment'.....

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
19-12-2012 02:59am
J77

I have a strange noise also, but I think mines is coming from the plastic seat backing on the drivers seat, only noticeable from time to time.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
19-12-2012 01:34pm
Raggyroo9

(15-12-2012 12:55pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Last weekend, my wife and I were out in the car, doing around 30 mph on a city street, when all of a sudden a noise came from what appeared to be underneath the car, it sounded very much like I had run over something, like a cardboard box, a plastic container, or as if a sheet of plastic had folded back from the underside of the car.

Then yesterday my wife was out with my son and the same noise occurred, again no sign of contact or anything loose.

At the moment the only thing we can think of is some kind of fuel tank expansion/contraction.

Hi There!
I bought a new Evoque Sept'11 Pure SD4 2.2 manual. I too have had the same noise as you've described. Its been into the dealers numerous times, never fixed! This resulted in a Dealership buyback last July. Collected my Brand new 62 plate replacement early Oct within a week it was making the same noise!! Its intermittent and impossible to demonstrate to get them to repair it........I'm still having an ongoing battle with the dealership and LR customer services. Any advice or anyone with similar issues/experiences.....It would be great to hear from you! Shocked
31-01-2013 07:00pm
scrannel

Slipping clutch friction plates or bad throw-out bearing?

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
01-02-2013 04:53am
Ianpembs

(15-12-2012 12:55pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Last weekend, my wife and I were out in the car, doing around 30 mph on a city street, when all of a sudden a noise came from what appeared to be underneath the car, it sounded very much like I had run over something, like a cardboard box, a plastic container, or as if a sheet of plastic had folded back from the underside of the car.

Interesting I had similar last evening was in a 30mph zone and heard a loud grating noise sounded like I was dragging the exhaust or a can. initially I thought it was some sort of interference on the stereo but switched it of so pulled over and it got louder just before stopping, got out and inspected underneath nothing obvious. Got back in and pulled away and nothing else heard very strange. I had just put fuel in about 10mins earlier but dont think it connected.Will keep an watch on it as it did not sound healthy.
03-02-2013 12:29pm