Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stopping the rattles
RoverMD

Stopping the rattles

What's the best way to stop speaker cover rattle the passenger woofer buzzes pretty bad.

'12 Dynamic - Buckingham Blue
29-01-2012 11:56am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olde

RE: Stopping the rattles

Guys, rattle is part of the warrantee. Your dealership should fix them at no charge. Land Rover needs to know about this stuff as this is the first indication that there are assembly QA issues cropping up. By complaining through your dealership, your problem gets logged in the global database, and helps to ensure this does not happen for future customers. At least tell your dealer what you fixed, next time you are there.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
29-01-2012 07:00pm
silkster007

I have horrendous rattling when braking at slow speeds, it sounds like the auto transmission. Horrible buzzing and rattling from the cabin. Very unimpressed.
31-01-2012 07:10pm
benzina

(05-01-2012 01:26pm)Rattle-man Wrote:  it could be your spoiler creaking or the D-post BIW creak which is a known issue on these cars

Rattle-man...i have read that you work for LD, and can help us pin-point the known rattle issues that some of us may be experiencing.
I have a rattle in the left rear corner,around about where the seatbelt comes out,under the rear quarter window.
The rattle is induced by slight road vibrations and sometimes by the slight vibration of the diesel engine at idle.
The sound is like a single electrical wire, just tapping slightly on a metal surface like maybe the inner car shell, or a bracket.
I have ridden in the back, and pressed on every panel to see if it would stop,but it has not, so it's definately inside that side bootwell panel,somewhere between the fuse box and the seatbelt reel mechanism. It may even be up high inside the wheel arch strut area.
Do you have any information on where this rattle could be precisely???

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2012 02:32am by benzina.)
02-05-2012 02:27am
Gorjan

(29-01-2012 07:00pm)olde Wrote:  Guys, rattle is part of the warrantee. Your dealership should fix them at no charge. Land Rover needs to know about this stuff as this is the first indication that there are assembly QA issues cropping up. By complaining through your dealership, your problem gets logged in the global database, and helps to ensure this does not happen for future customers. At least tell your dealer what you fixed, next time you are there.

You are right, but going to the deslers takes time and costs money (the dealers here don't loan cars if you leave yours with them for service). Also by each going to them, when they remove some of the trim and other stuff, they sometimes can introduce new rattles... The trim is held in place with clips, they can loosen by constant removing/clipping i guess... We have paid a lot of money to just have round trips to the dealers. I guess we have better things to do in our lives...

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
02-05-2012 09:48pm
Tony

(02-05-2012 09:48pm)Gorjan Wrote:  You are right, but going to the deslers takes time and costs money (the dealers here don't loan cars if you leave yours with them for service). Also by each going to them, when they remove some of the trim and other stuff, they sometimes can introduce new rattles... The trim is held in place with clips, they can loosen by constant removing/clipping i guess... We have paid a lot of money to just have round trips to the dealers. I guess we have better things to do in our lives...

+1
£40+k and it rattles - not acceptable.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
02-05-2012 11:20pm
benzina

I just ordered a stephoscope, to help nail this frick'n rattle.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2012 01:25am by benzina.)
03-05-2012 01:25am
Barneyridge

(03-05-2012 01:25am)benzina Wrote:  I just ordered a stephoscope, to help nail this frick'n rattle.

Benzina, I noticed washing the car the other day the dealer lubricated the rubbers around the tailgate and the parcel shelf. My rattle has not stopped but is less, not sure if it is coincidence or not yet. I will have to take off the rear parcel shelf and drive for a couple of day to assess my situation

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
03-05-2012 03:11am
benzina

Thanks Barney, yeah i've actually done all those things you mentioned as a process of elimination. At times during this process, it almost seems like it wants to do my head in, by being quiet at first leading me to think ''YES I DID IT!", but then it sounds it sound, to which i quietly mutter an expletive.
My stephoscope should help me confirm where i think it is, and if it is indeed in there,then the dealer will have to pull off trim to view the inside of that panel that holds the seatbelt reel and fuse box. I did'nt want it to get to that cause they may create more problems by pulling things off then on.
Hope yours is an easy fix Barney, but yeah, use the process of elimination, such as parcel shelf removal as you mentioned, and let us know how you go .

03-05-2012 05:11am
hondafreak

Stopping the rattles

I'm still waiting for my ordered Evoque. But when i read all this i start to worry if i better should keep my Honda Accord Tourer.
I own this car 4 years and had not one problem so far! No rattles nothing.
At the price of the Evoque i expect not only a good looking car, but also good build quality.

Somebody told me once, as cars become quieter, rattles are more easy to hear. But i would drive me nuts anyway.

Never had one issue yet...very reliable car!

Fuji White, 5dr Prestige SD4 - Auto, Shadow Chrome 20" Style 7 Wheels, Winter Pack, Ambiance-Oxford
leather interior (ivory-espresso color),Rear Camera Parking Aid, Power Tailgate
03-05-2012 05:56am