Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Steering wheel problems
javkhan

Steering wheel problems

Hey Guys,
I have jus purchased an evoque coupe in dynamic trim...love it!
Only had it for a week but noticed all the controls on the left hand side of my steering wheel are not working. Any ideas what it can be? other experiences with this problem?
17-12-2013 05:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

RE: Steering wheel problems

(17-12-2013 05:19am)javkhan Wrote:  Hey Guys,
Only had it for a week but noticed all the controls on the left hand side of my steering wheel are not working. Any ideas what it can be? other experiences with this problem?

I've had the same problems. Dealer replaced twice. Take it to your dealer

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
17-12-2013 09:38am
mark_n

Sounds like the connector between the controls and the wiring loom has come loose. The switch packs are supplied separately from the steering wheel, should be easy to rectify.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
19-12-2013 10:12am
speary

(19-12-2013 10:12am)mark_n Wrote:  Sounds like the connector between the controls and the wiring loom has come loose. The switch packs are supplied separately from the steering wheel, should be easy to rectify.

The chief techie at Williams Manchester said it was probably due to the way the different buttons work. I think he said it uses ladder resistors,whatever that means

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
19-12-2013 01:50pm
cardiffevoque

I had the same issue the other month. I noticed that all my steering wheel back lights were not working. I then found that the cruise control buttons did not function (right side) but the phone and voice activation system all worked fine (left side) and all this with no back lighting.

Dealer took a look and began to order new buttons but someone there figured out the issue and managed to fix it. I was in a hurry to pick up the car at the time and never questioned what it was that they did to fix it.

If you're still having problems it may be worth trying to contact Stratstones in Newport to see what they did. It didn't need new switches I know that.

SD4 Dynamic, 5 door, manual, Firenze Red with Fuji roof, adaptive headlights, auto dimming mirror, spare wheel Very Happy
22-12-2013 01:37pm
Jeroma

(17-12-2013 05:19am)javkhan Wrote:  Hey Guys,
I have have a similar problem with the cruise control buttons. 50% of the time they work correctly, but many times I have to push the button 4 or 5 times before activation, and then the speed setting is jumping one or several steps.
I'm also missing the function of the speed limiter what's fine to avoid speeding tickets in town.

The location of the buttons is not the best choice either, depending of your glove size you will have to release the grip on the wheel to reach themCrying.

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
22-12-2013 05:32pm
mstraka

(22-12-2013 05:32pm)Jeroma Wrote:  I have have a similar problem with the cruise control buttons. 50% of the time they work correctly, but many times I have to push the button 4 or 5 times before activation, and then the speed setting is jumping one or several steps.
I'm also missing the function of the speed limiter what's fine to avoid speeding tickets in town.

The location of the buttons is not the best choice either, depending of your glove size you will have to release the grip on the wheel to reach themCrying.

Jeroma,
"The location of the buttons is not the best choice either, depending of your glove size you will have to release the grip on the wheel to reach them." Brought a smile to me. Looking at your stable of your classic cars – myself the owner of a very beautiful and very driven '57' MGA. In this era there were no ergonomics other than perhaps the location of the shifter. Buttons were located all over the place with little logic as to where they would appear on the dashboard. Quite a comparison the the placement of controls in our Evoque.
(This post was last modified: 23-12-2013 04:46pm by mstraka.)
22-12-2013 06:17pm