Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Land Rover Tyre Insurance
ADZ

Land Rover Tyre Insurance

Hello everyone.
I have my first puncture Sad I have a ''biscuit'' which will get me to the dealership and Land Rover roadside assistance who will help me change the wheel should I go that route. What I need to know is if anyone has purchased the insurance policy referred to in the cover line and how that has worked for them. I know that I opted to purchase this but have received no further information from the dealer bar the basics regarding what is covered. I will call him in the morning in any event.
Please advise.
Thanks!

Fuji White Dynamic with contrast roof in black. SD4 5 door with lots of lovely stuff!
Ordered Feb 2012 Arrived: 26 July 2012 Loving it Smile
13-08-2012 06:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Land Rover Tyre Insurance

Are you not able to change the wheel yourself?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
13-08-2012 10:23pm
ADZ

I can if I need to - but why when I can use what is made available to me? Wink That's not the concern though. I was enquiring about the actual tyre insurance and if members of the forum have bought it. No matter - I'm checking in with the dealer as we speak. Have a great day!

Fuji White Dynamic with contrast roof in black. SD4 5 door with lots of lovely stuff!
14-08-2012 07:24am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have wheel and tyre insurance and have used it as a contribution toward the new tyre I had to buy - the claims for tyres were limited to £250 a tyre which is better than nothing but was £70 short of the cost of the replacement tyre.

I purchased my insurance as part of a package from the dealership that included GAP/Wheel & tyres and GardX paint treatment, it is not Land Rover insurance it is 3rd party.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 15-08-2012 08:57am by XFullFatTim.)
15-08-2012 08:57am
ADZ

Hi Tim. I purchased X-sure tyre insurance through the dealership. It is a policy they offer in conjunction with one of the tyre-fitting chains. I was at the tyre place yesterday and they repaired my tyre at no charge - I had picked up a 5cm long nail whilst off-roading at the weekend. How - I don't know. Anyway. The consultant at the tyre place was raving about the policy - it even includes replacement of the tyre Smile I'm pretty pleased with my purchase, in more ways than one. Thanks for your reply and have a great day!

15-08-2012 09:24am
XFullFatTim

With my insurance repairs are free as well but the damage I suffered was terminal for the tyre! I also get 5 alloy wheel refurbs, 4 replacement wheels if they cannot be refurbed and 10 new tyres covered over the 3 years of the policy.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-08-2012 09:27am
ADZ

I don't even want to know what you did. But tell me anyway.

15-08-2012 10:22am
XFullFatTim

Drove over the edge of a large steel plate that they use here to cover some of the larger holes in the road I think, but I don't really know how I got it.

[Image: file-16.jpg]

15-08-2012 12:35pm
ADZ

Wow! Hectic Tim Exclamation Must've been quite a task to keep the Landy on the road after that split.

15-08-2012 04:10pm
XFullFatTim

I didn't find it until I went to change back to the 20's from my 19" snow and ice tyres............. How I didn't see it when the wheels came off the car in October 2011! I also don't know how many miles I had driven on that slash as it is on the inner side of the tyre!

(This post was last modified: 15-08-2012 05:17pm by XFullFatTim.)
15-08-2012 05:16pm